Viva 14 day out of Galveston 2026 -suite or haven?

Really struggling on this trip. Love the itinerary but the suites seem like a much better deal. I’ve done Haven on Escape, Encore, and Breakaway. Suite on Gem. A regular aft Haven cabin seems to have smaller balconies than some suite options. What I like about Haven are the perks of concierge. Which is now part of suites. So the only thing is exclusive space, bar and restaurant. Which is nice. A few questions. Has anyone done both on the prima class ships and can offer insight? Does the Haven still get on you about wearing baseball hats for breakfast or lunch? Also, is the Texas port similar to Miami with exclusive space for haven or more like NY with a make shift space? 

Did Haven on Prima but not a suite..  Since you are warm weather place, the outside Haven area is OK and there is an outside bar, pool, tubs, and plush loungers.

Inside bar OK.  Found restaurant to be quite good.

I guess how much price difference.

Haven’t done haven and suites on prima but have on joy. Imo the suites are the sweet spot. Obviously haven will be pretty awesome and more perks, but  for ~ 40% more? 
I think the suites offer a “business class” option that I like. 

4 hours ago, JamesIowa said:

Haven’t done haven and suites on prima but have on joy. Imo the suites are the sweet spot. Obviously haven will be pretty awesome and more perks, but  for ~ 40% more? 
I think the suites offer a “business class” option that I like. 

It is only about 20% more. In looking at this versus 7 day options on the Prima class and even breakaway plus class ships, the cost per day is significantly better for this cruise. 

7 hours ago, Annies88 said:

... is the Texas port similar to Miami with exclusive space for haven or more like NY with a make shift space? 

NCL utilizes an older building. Therefore, the Haven and suites pre-cruise space will not be like Miami's lovely new building/spaces.

34 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

NCL utilizes an older building. Therefore, the Haven and suites pre-cruise space will not be like Miami's lovely new building/spaces.

Thanks. Do you happen to have photos? Wonder if they will upgrade lie RCL did. 

2 hours ago, Annies88 said:

Do you happen to have photos?

Unfortunately I don't have photos of the "Haven and Suites" waiting area.  However, the two pics added below might give you an idea of what is lacking for general boarding.

NCL utilizes "Upgrade Advantage" to upgrade your cabin. If you are eligible to bid for an upgrade, NCL will send you a notification sometime after Final Payment!

IMG_20221031_101112253.jpg

IMG_20221031_101118742.jpg

• Like 1