Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

One of the things I like about Norwegian is the $50 off excursions. While they may hike up their price a little bit to make up for some of it, they are a good deal overall. There are a couple of hardcore Carnival people who will dispute this. I doubt they’ll be on this thread but here it is for everything I booked this trip. Norwegian first, Carnival second.

Again, learned something very useful from you!  I thought the $50 was only one use!

Thank you!!!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, spethstation said:

This is a destination I will end up visiting eventually, but the excursion planning seems more daunting than the European cruise I'm doing next month! 🤪

It’s extra difficult the first time not knowing if you’re ever going back because you can’t do everything. It’s gets much easier the 2nd and 3rd times.

• Like 8

Greg, I know you have already arranged for luggage storage but I saw on another post that there is an app called "Bounce" that shows luggage storage throughout the world. Just in case you need it for future travels. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Again, learned something very useful from you!  I thought the $50 was only one use!

Thank you!!!!

It is $50 per port, use it or lose it.  Can not be combined or converted into OBC.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Last year I didn't eat dinner in the dining room much because I had the three specialty dinners and I ate ashore a couple times. This year I have just one specialty dinner since I didn't do the upgrade. I'm probably going to do that French restaurant since I did Cagney's all three times last year. I believe the Asian restaurant is free. Doesn't count as a specialty.

So for the experienced people if you have any recommendations for MDR items, the French place, the Asian place, nights not to miss in the MDR, etc...feel free to post them. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

It is $50 per port, use it or lose it.  Can not be combined or converted into OBC.

Per excursion right? I've used it for up to 3 excursions per port.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, depplep said:

Greg, I know you have already arranged for luggage storage but I saw on another post that there is an app called "Bounce" that shows luggage storage throughout the world. Just in case you need it for future travels. 

Thanks. I just checked it out but that one came up just like luggage hero that they don't have any locations in Seward yet.

No stores available at the moment

Bounce is available in 200+ cities with more added every week. We hope we can serve you wherever you go next!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Per excursion right? I've used it for up to 3 excursions per port.

WOW!!  I have never been able to use it for more than one excursion per port.  

I would check with the Shore Excursions desk onboard as soon as you can for all the current information.

Have a wonderful trip.  You might run into a lot of smoke along your journey.  Way to may wildfires, not enough firefighters, equipment or money.  Many fires will probably have to wait for snowfall before they are completely out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

I would check with the Shore Excursions desk onboard as soon as you can for all the current information.

Have a wonderful trip.  You might run into a lot of smoke along your journey.  Way to may wildfires, not enough firefighters, equipment or money.  Many fires will probably have to wait for snowfall before they are completely out.

I did it last year as well. Not three per port but two. It was someone on my thread who told me to grab the free ticket for the gold belt tram in Juneau when I already had the dog musher camp excursion booked.

• Like 3

I can’t wait to follow along on another of your great reviews!
Its been over 20 years since I was in Seward and did both the Sealife Center and the Major Marine Kenai NP tour so looking forward to seeing those two especially.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

At Le Bistro in April we liked the scallop appetizer, the mushroom soup, the goat cheese croquettes salad, the sole, the pork chop, and the chocolate marquise dessert.

Concur with your entire list.

Stay away from the Lobster Thermidor, though.  Ordered it twice, both times the sauce "broke" and the dish was just a greasy, gloppy mess with a lobster in the middle of it.

The Prime Rib is always good on NCL.  They serve it just about everywhere at least one night.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Concur with your entire list.

Stay away from the Lobster Thermidor, though.  Ordered it twice, both times the sauce "broke" and the dish was just a greasy, gloppy mess with a lobster in the middle of it.

The Prime Rib is always good on NCL.  They serve it just about everywhere at least one night.

I don't like lobster and I don't think this dish appeals to my DH, even though he does like lobster.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Yeah this says per tour....for 1 ticket. Then the $300 upgrade adds it for another adult and a child.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Free_at_sea_Plus_ver_051823.pdf

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The alcohol on the left is what you get with the basic package. Right is with the $300 upgrade. So for me...as long as I'm good with Tito's vodka. That's going to be most of my drinks. All of the rums I would drink are included as well. I do sometimes order drinks with baileys. They have mahoneys on the left as an alternative. I've never had that but it's probably fine.

FASBev2.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8

The part where NCL screws up is sometimes when I tell people that the basic alcohol package only costs $160 gratuities, they send me this link which shows it costing the stupid price of $109/day. I believe that is only for people who got a super saver type rate that didn't include FAS, but I can see where it's confusing for some people.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

I see Bailey's listed on the left under "Liqueurs & Cordials."

Oh you're right! I remember last year when these ladies were getting duck farts the bartender said they had to substitute mahoneys. I wonder if that was a recent change or something. But yeah with that the only thing on the right I would use is grey goose and I'm fine with Tito's.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh you're right! I remember last year when these ladies were getting duck farts the bartender said they had to substitute mahoneys. I wonder if that was a recent change or something. But yeah with that the only thing on the right I would use is grey goose and I'm fine with Tito's.

After you give the bartenders a tip, ask for your drink to be made with Grey Goose.  They will remember you and make your drinks with the premium vodka without an extra charge

• Like 5