Disembark Queen Anne

devolve

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Good Grief, yet another nail in 'Cunard is going downhill' coffin. 😲

It's bad enough 'jeans' are allowed in certain areas of the ship after six pm [and quite frankly, allowed onboard during the day too but let's not go there ☹️]  but now planners and ships' architects just don't account for individual passenger needs do they! Dreadful. It's enough to make you want to find another cruise line on which to travel.

On a lighter note, we have found everyone is so helpful, to the extent of moving out of a lift in order to accommodate a wheelchair.

Can't fault QA's passengers for their courtesy and kindness, and as for the staff and crew...top marks too.👍

Clearly also the designers are believed to endow the lifts with mind reading powers.

It is much easier (if a little claustrophobic for the incumbent) to get a wheel chair in a lift if people come out to let it manoeuvre, then squash back in around it, wouldn’t you say.

14 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Clearly also the designers are believed to endow the lifts with mind reading powers.

It is much easier (if a little claustrophobic for the incumbent) to get a wheel chair in a lift if people come out to let it manoeuvre, then squash back in around it, wouldn’t you say.

Certainly better for some toes! 😕

Power chairs are VERY heavy and I have had my toes run over a few times in the past so am aware how much it hurts.

We did experience one occasion when a couple resolutely refused to move when on QV. With only three people in the lift, there was plenty of room for a wheelchair and despite the warning 'watch your feet', one foot 'got in the way'.

Karma!!!☺️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Then there was the lady who told me, apparently seriously, that on QA alone were the lifts invariably at the opposite level of the ship to the one where she was waiting, as if it were a planned design fault in QA just to spite her. 

Are you saying that on QA each passenger does have their own dedicated lift waiting for them? If that is so then I would consider that a serious design flaw that needs immediate rectification🤣😇

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, david63 said:

Are you saying that on QA each passenger does have their own dedicated lift waiting for them? If that is so then I would consider that a serious design flaw that needs immediate rectification🤣😇

Did you omit a not? Are you familiar with Meteora in Greece, where the monks accessed their rocky pinnacles hauled up in baskets? That would do for those in balcony cabins, at least.

Edited by exlondoner

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Did you omit a not?

I did - sorry.

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Are you familiar with Meteora in Greece, where the monks accessed their rocky pinnacles hauled up in baskets? That would do for those in balcony cabins, at least.

That leads to all kinds of scenarios - if you don't like a particular passenger letting the rope slip, or a new daytime activity based on the old ducking stool or maybe a modern day version of keelhauling.

• Haha 2