Any success in getting an upgrade?

I always book a balcony mid ship.

I usually get an offer to pay for an upgrade.  It's either for a mini suite or location.  After looking into to it and doing the research I find its not worth it.  

If you go to your cruise manager on the website any upgrade offer you have will be there.  If you have an Oceanview they will probably give you an upgreade option closer to sailing.  It just depends on if it is worth it to you.  Sometimes its only a couple hundred bucks and sometimes a thousand.  Depends on how popular the sailing.  

On 8/10/2024 at 7:42 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

If one is using a TA, can you call carnival directly....or does the TA need to make the call?

I think the TA has to make the call.

I just got the first upgrade/upsell that I actually accepted. I have had several offers in the past but they always cost too much for it to be worth it to me. My wife and I will be on the Sunrise in October and I got an offer to go from a balcony on deck 7 to a Lido balcony for $36. We like being on Lido and usually get that if available. It wasn’t available when we made our original booking, but now that it is available and only $36 more, I accepted this one. 

• Like 2

If you really want to move up in category, from say interior to oceanview to balcony to suite, etc...call and ask for the price.  If there are rooms available, they will be more than happy to accomodate, but you'll pay for it.  If you are looking to be upgraded for free, that's a very slim (I'd say non-existent) chance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2024 at 6:13 AM, jxtgreek said:

Has anyone been able to ask for and actually get an upgrade on a cruise recently?  I am booked on an upcoming cruise scheduled in September and still see some balconies available.  I have an ocean view.  I am happy with what I have but a balcony would be nice if the price were right.

Just be sure before you accept that if you have any perks such as on board credits will make the switch with you because sometimes perks are not transferable from cabin to cabin.