More mechanical issues for Carnival Vista

59 minutes ago, nc762shooter said:

Although extremely disappointing, a full refund plus the opportunity to book a "free" cruise is generous. I would look at it as in exchange for moving my travel dates I now get two cruises for the money I already paid, not a bad deal in my opinion.

I was on the vista sailing that was cancelled, we only received 275.00 FCC. 

1 hour ago, nc762shooter said:

Although extremely disappointing, a full refund plus the opportunity to book a "free" cruise is generous. I would look at it as in exchange for moving my travel dates I now get two cruises for the money I already paid, not a bad deal in my opinion.

I agree. I feel bad for everyone who had their cruise cancelled but I think this is more than fair. I should have been patient when Freedom caught on fire in 2022. We were scheduled to be on Freedom a couple days later so I called my PVP and she moved us over to Mardi Gras for the same date, we just paid the difference. If I had waited until Carnival cancelled, we would have gotten a refund and FCC. It was a holiday weekend and Mardi Gras was nearly sold out so I jumped the gun because wanted my vacation then so it was worth it to me. My husband still brings it up from time to time. 🤦‍♀️😂

• Like 3

On 8/27/2024 at 3:32 PM, HappySails4U said:

I'm on the Vista this week. Yesterday our first port at Amber Cove we were late arriving by about 30 minutes.  No concern at that point but then that afternoon there was an announcement followed by the notification that a $50 credit would be applied.   So far there I haven't heard any type of upraising from the passengers.  

On the Vista this week and yes we made it every port but our on shore times were shortened at each stop. In St Thomas today and departing at 2:30.  Our first time on the Vista and may be our last.

• Thanks 2

I was thinking of booking on Vista for a December cruise. Now worried. An older Norwegain Epic ship is my only other option for the dates I have off. Gonna have to decide soon. (Frankly, these issues should be making the Vista prices cheaper but it's not!)    

I’m on the September 29 sailing.  I would be pleased if they canceled it, only because I have some personal issues that will come to a head the week before and I’m worried they won’t be done before I sail.  I would take the money and put it toward the January sailing on Venezia.  EM

• Like 1