Received O brochure 'flavors of the Mediterrean"

clo

VERY, very food oriented. Looks like all or some of the cruises will include overnights in certain ports. That will allow some really nice sounding meals. We're not interested in the Med but I bet plenty will be and enjoy these.

The brochure is very food oriented. But those food-oriented excursions and culinary classes were available in the Med in 2023. And I assume in 2024. We had overnights on 2 consecutive weekends in Istanbul in 11/2023.

However, the pricing... Cheapest listed price in the G Insides is $280/pp/d (10 nights Malaga to Lisbon, Oct). Then $300/pp/d (9 nights Barcelona to Athens, May). Then $308/pp/d (12 nights Istanbul to Athens, July). So that's $560 per couple per night, $600, and $616 respectively, for these three least expensive cruises. (Thank God for that 2023 ESS. Almost half these prices.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

The brochure is very food oriented. But those food-oriented excursions and culinary classes were available in  Med in 2023. And I assume in 2024. We had overnights on 2 consecutive weekends in Istanbul in 11/2023.

However, the pricing... Cheapest listed price in the G Insides is $280/pp/d (10 nights Malaga to Lisbon, Oct). Then $300/pp/d (9 nights Barcelona to Athens, May). Then $308/pp/d (12 nights Istanbul to Athens, July). So that's $560 per couple per night, $600, and $616 respectively, for these three least expensive cruises. (Thank God for that 2023 ESS. Almost half these prices.)

I never thought they would be a 'good deal.'

nor will they ever be the same price as the Extraordinary Sale back in 2023...all that matters now is what the price is for the cabin we want on the itinerary we want.  Continually comparing pricing to a once in a life time sale put on to bring back customers after COVID is irrelevant today.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2024 at 2:23 PM, basor said:

nor will they ever be the same price....

No one knows what the future holds. See O's continuing ongoing sales. We have one going on right now. People inquire about the future "Black Friday Sale". Who knows if O will keep SM, which raised prices by about $800 pp per cruise. See all the complaints about it tied just to excursions. Etc.

On 8/12/2024 at 8:23 PM, basor said:

all that matters now is what the price is for the cabin we want on the itinerary we want

I agree. It is totally irrelevant to me what a price may have been in a past sale or under the arrangements before Simply More. History is in the past. If someone wants to make a comparison for themselves and conclude that O is now too expensive, then that's a matter for them. It's a judgement we all make whenever we consider travel - I'll never be able to afford to fly business class, book one of O's top suites or, indeed, book one of their long cruises.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harters said:

It is totally irrelevant to me what a price may have been in a past sale or under the arrangements before Simply More. History is in the past.  book one of their long cruises....

On O's web page you can see the "Summer Sale" (51 cruises) and their new "Flash Sale" (40 cruises). O always be "sales-ing". Sale, after sale.

Though just for "totally irrelevant", as someone wrote on the dedicated Flash Sale" thread yesterday,

"My price is already lower than what is posted, not much but still lower.  I took advantage of a Flash sale back in May to lower my previously booked cost.   No idea what happened between then and now".

Flash Sale Offer | Oceania Cruises 

Summer Sale | Deals | Oceania Cruises

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

O always be "sales-ing". Sale, after sale.

I'm assuming that O will be compliant with UK law (in its dealings with UK customers) defining what is a sale. This helpful bit of legislation was enacted to protect customers from bogus or misleading sales promotions, often by sofa companies, but I believe it also covers the sale of services as well as products.