Spice H2O vs Vibe Beach Club (Cabana)

3 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

I think they whoop it up more or less depending on the crowd.  If there is more demand for shots, more shots!!!  Although the shots they did on my cruise were strange.  Something green, pistachio something or other.  Never heard of such a thing before that.

Was that zombie brains? It’s the only one ive had at shot o’clock that I didn’t care for, weird texture.

7 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

Was that zombie brains? It’s the only one ive had at shot o’clock that I didn’t care for, weird texture.

It’s pretty bad stuff, I don’t know where they got it from but clearly trying to unload it on unsuspecting folks lol

I went back and dug up the quote from my review of the Encore back in November 2019, where I predicted the change from laser tag to Spice H2O... This was before I even boarded the ship. 

Screenshot_20240814-144924.png

On 8/14/2024 at 5:18 PM, PATRLR said:

Just 5?  That sounds like some bartenders that needed training.  (we got shots far more frequently than just 5 😉 )

That's what I was thinking.. "Shot Oclock" just about took me out 1 day.... 😄   I think James on the Escape was awesome.. No clue what his shots were, but they were GOOOOOOOOOOD.... way toooooo goooooooood... lol.. 

• Like 3

We are going on the Epic this winter and I am loathing the thought of no Vibe.. I just have a feeling I'm not gonna be happy about the wait for drinks..   I am with others, H2O was packed on our dec 2023 cruise.. and of course the pool bar was slammed. it sucked the 1 day the vibe was closed when under power and wind was too much.   REALLY trying to not get too worried about the Epic, but no waterfront, no vibe... But I'll be warm on a cruise... warm on a cruise.. warm on a cruise... lol.. 

On 8/14/2024 at 9:06 AM, vacation44 said:

Add our family to the no Vibe, no cruise group.

Agree!  The last thing I want to do is sit in front of a huge LED screen all day (in Spice H2O).  I get enough "screen time" in regular day to day life!  

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 5:11 PM, D_And_K_gocruising said:

We are going on the Epic this winter and I am loathing the thought of no Vibe.. I just have a feeling I'm not gonna be happy about the wait for drinks..   I am with others, H2O was packed on our dec 2023 cruise.. and of course the pool bar was slammed. it sucked the 1 day the vibe was closed when under power and wind was too much.   REALLY trying to not get too worried about the Epic, but no waterfront, no vibe... But I'll be warm on a cruise... warm on a cruise.. warm on a cruise... lol.. 

There is not VBC on EPIC?  What??  I wonder why.

On 8/16/2024 at 4:11 PM, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Epic has the Posh. No hot tub not very big, share with Haven guests but no kids.

On 8/14/2024 at 7:03 PM, grouchomarx said:

I’m not sure I understand your comment. You get assigned a specific cabana, it’s the same one all week. You can also sit on any of the other furniture in the Vibe whenever you like.  You are not relegated to just the cabana.  

True, sometimes I change seats to get in sun, sometimes I am finding a quiet spot to read

Spice H2O kinda sucks (IMO) compared to Vibe.  It's free though.

Adults Only is only "sorta" enforced, at least in my experience.  It's incredibly busy back there too in my experience.  Vibe only sells as many passes as they have chairs available, so that's a perk.

Cabana doesn't seem worth it to me, but I travel solo. If I had a 2nd person coming it might be worth it, but I'd probably still just get regular passes because I'm mostly gonna be at the bar or in the hot tub anyway

On 8/21/2024 at 8:05 PM, surfclam2003 said:

Epic has the Posh. No hot tub not very big, share with Haven guests but no kids.

And I almost have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting passes for the posh area..  10 months out and none were left.  we are only 5 months out for our Escape cruise and they JUST sold out of vibe passes.. 

Hi--- I'll be on the JOY with a couple of family out of MIA in October and I've pre-purchased VBC passes for the three of us.  Does anyone know if they allow access as soon as embarkation begins?  Or--- does it open later on that first day of sailing.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, DSCBDA said:

Hi--- I'll be on the JOY with a couple of family out of MIA in October and I've pre-purchased VBC passes for the three of us.  Does anyone know if they allow access as soon as embarkation begins?  Or--- does it open later on that first day of sailing.

Thanks!

You can go straight in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DSCBDA said:

Thanks!

You can go in there as soon as you are onboard, highly recommend you make the most of your time there.  Only the thermal suite is not available right way, not until after sail away in early evening.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks very much!  I've experienced VBC on 2 different cruises but had not boarded very early so wasn't sure.  I think we are going to aim for the early arrival on this one.

Edited by DSCBDA

The Vibe can be wonderful 😊 

We paid for this the first time on our Bliss-ful journey through the Panama Canal last December (Miami to LA). We had fruit skewers and yummy cookies, but no sandwiches.  The shots-o-clock were amazing, and a fun time was had by all 😊  The staff members were fabulous and remembered personal preferences, too.

When calculating your daily cost for the Vibe, consider that you won’t really be able to enjoy it from San Diego to Seattle during your last 4-5 days.  The weather at that time of year isn’t normally conducive to catching a few rays. The hot tub, however, is always enjoyable.

Leets