Glass bottom boat but sit out the snorkeling on Royal Caribbean excursion... is this an option?

WannaBRetiree

My mom and I are going on a Royal Carribean cruise to Western Caribbean out of Galveston.  We have booked the excursion through the cruise line that combines a glass bottom boat tour with a snorkeling trip (and a short beach break).  I can't get much information on if these 2 things are combined or separate.  My mom doesn't want to snorkel but is content to sit on the glass bottom boat while others do.  Does anyone know if this is an option or how I can find out?  It also classifies the excursion as "strenuous".  I'm assuming that the strenuous part would be getting in and out of the boat from the water and the actually swimming.  My mom isn't in a wheel chair or anything and can walk with no issues but I don't think she's be able to pull herself up into the boat from the water, which is partly why she doesn't want to do the snorkeling part (she can swim just fine, it's just getting out of the water onto the boat that we think might be the only issue).  Anyone been on this excursion and have any insights? 

Does your cruise offer the separate glass bottom boat excursion? That one offers a beach break on return. Rated mid activity wise.

But your mother should have no problems staying on board the boat if same boat and snorkeling over reefs you can see via the glass bottom. May even be an "observer" option.

I want to do the snorkeling but she doesn't and we'd like to do the excursion together, which is why we chose that option that includes the snorkeling.  That's why I'm asking if anyone has been on this excursion and knows if folks are able to just stay on the boat and watch the reef while others snorkel 

• 3 weeks later...