Bermuda Aug 13, 2024 onward

4:30 pm ....

Norwegian Gem still docked at Kings Wharf, supposed to depart at 4:00pm.

Liberty of the Seas docked at Heritage Wharf, supposed to leave at 5:00pm.

Carnival Pride, supposed to arrive and dock at King's Wharf at 8am tomorrow (14 Aug), has arrived and is approaching to Great Sound to anchor.

Norwegian Joy, supposed to arrive and dock at Heritage Wharf at 8am tomorrow (14 Aug), is now in sight and approaching to Grassy Bay.

Bermuda Weather says it's the front coming to Bermuda from East Coast of USA bringing (and welcoming) us with torrential rains.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Ernesto is next ..... ugh. 

Did you hear anything about the following Liberty voyage?. Its due in Bermuda on Saturday, then Turks/Caicos on Monday, and two stops in DR the next two days.

Bermuda is the only port for the Breakaway next week. I believe we arrive Thursday. If the port is hypothetically closed due to storm damage, where would the ship go? I assume we have to stop somewhere due to maritime regulations. Nassau seems far for a 2 day trip. Would they send us north to Nova Scotia? 

4 hours ago, Gr101997 said:

Bermuda is the only port for the Breakaway next week. I believe we arrive Thursday. If the port is hypothetically closed due to storm damage, where would the ship go? I assume we have to stop somewhere due to maritime regulations. Nassau seems far for a 2 day trip. Would they send us north to Nova Scotia? 

The forecast can change, but I would be shocked if the port wasn’t open late next week 

5 hours ago, Gr101997 said:

Ernesto is visiting Bermuda on Saturday 17th August - whether it's a direct hit or a brush-by. But Bermuda is very resilient therefore your Breakaway cruise should still be a go in coming to Bermuda.

UNLESS, there is another TS or hurricane cropping up and making our way ... 

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

Did you hear anything about the following Liberty voyage?. Its due in Bermuda on Saturday, then Turks/Caicos on Monday, and two stops in DR the next two days.

Bermuda will be a no go for Liberty OTS this weekend. hurricane winds AND high surf, making the passage thru the channels impossible to the Dockyard.

• Thanks 1

We're departing Baltimore on Saturday aboard Vision of the Seas and are scheduled to be in Bermuda Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. I'm curious how this will play out, but stocking up on Bonine for sure!

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Bermuda will be a no go for Liberty OTS this weekend. hurricane winds AND high surf, making the passage thru the channels impossible to the Dockyard.

I know that but Royal isn't saying anything. As off 5 minutes ago, they insisted we're still on schedule.. 

1 hour ago, Sassa said:

We're departing Baltimore on Saturday aboard Vision of the Seas and are scheduled to be in Bermuda Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. I'm curious how this will play out, but stocking up on Bonine for sure!

I think Vision will come here. The ship will need to sail southward first before heading eastward to Bermuda.

• Like 1