sapphire suite closet

zship

5 hours ago, sea bright said:

We recently booked an August 2025 cruise on the Serenity. It's our first Crystal cruise since about 2007.

We booked a 2018 Sapphire Suite as the online suite layout looked the most similar to (though smaller than) the Silversea classic ship  Silver Suite, our favorite. Based on the online description, we thought it had a modern walk-in shower. Is that not the case?

The 2018 and 2023 Sapphire Suites both have a larger walk-in showers in lieu of tubs.

Vince

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dimundsR said:

Remember the fruit knife?  That was when fresh fruit was available in the room.  Disappeared about the same time as the fresh flower arrangement..

The fruit disappeared, or the knife disappeared?  I’ve had both on every Crystal cruise I’ve ever taken, including last month.

Vince

• Like 1

We were recently in a 2023 Sapphire Suite, and I agree with @Cruise-y about not noticing the closet/drawer issue, and since we loved the bathroom with the shower size and all the nozzles in the shower, the drawers would not have even been on my radar.  

• Like 2

Inspector Gadget (me) checked out the new Sapphire as there was an open house today.

As others said while you cannot open the drawers all the way with the close door open you can place all items inside the drawers, remove all items from the drawers, and see what is precisely in the drawers with the door open.

Room is beautiful and as one who loves the rain showers and utilized one on the former seabreeze on Serenity (now sapphire) they are great.

Now if you want to know of a challenge. Stayed at the fabulous Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel.Had one of the best rooms ever at a hotel. However, to plug in my multi outlet device the only plug was underneath the desk on the back wall. This meant to plug in or to plug out you had to have your whole head underneath the desk. The possibility of a concussion if you were not careful.

The closet is a nit.

IMG_4702.jpeg.738b28862e7c62391b1a9485e2524d86.jpeg 

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Keith, thanks for more info on the Sapphire Suite closet. Beyond the drawer concern, looking at several photos and videos, it seems the bar for hangers is quite high. Did you notice? Although my husband is over 6 feet, I am much more petite and it is a real nuisance to ask him each time I want to remove a hanger😆. Additionally, we are both concerned about the size of the closet as it looks much smaller than the closet in the Aquamarine Suites which are our preferred rooms. Sadly none available on our September 14 sailing. 😔

Thanks again for any info! As always, enjoying hearing about your adventures; thanks for posting and have a great time!

1 hour ago, Ibis said:

Keith, thanks for more info on the Sapphire Suite closet. Beyond the drawer concern, looking at several photos and videos, it seems the bar for hangers is quite high. Did you notice? Although my husband is over 6 feet, I am much more petite and it is a real nuisance to ask him each time I want to remove a hanger😆. Additionally, we are both concerned about the size of the closet as it looks much smaller than the closet in the Aquamarine Suites which are our preferred rooms. Sadly none available on our September 14 sailing. 😔

Thanks again for any info! As always, enjoying hearing about your adventures; thanks for posting and have a great time!

You are very welcome.

I am so sorry I didn't realize this or I would have looked closely at the two bars for the height and would have tried to compare the size between this suite and the traditional one for you.

Keep having your TA check for you to see if a traditional one opens up for you.  

If they have an open house on the next cruise I will check this again for you.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thanks to both Keith and Whipsnade for the additional information. TA Checked with Crystal  again today and both segments are still fully booked in Classic Aquamarine 😔

Will keep trying!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ibis said:

TA Checked with Crystal  again today and both segments are still fully booked in Classic Aquamarine 😔

Will keep trying!

When Crystal revamped the ships they converted most rooms (especially on Serenity) to Sapphire suites. These, by the way, are fabulous and desired. Smart move. But there are very Aquamarine and standard veranda rooms. Those less expensive rooms book far very in advance. 

1 hour ago, Cruise-y said:

When Crystal revamped the ships they converted most rooms (especially on Serenity) to Sapphire suites. These, by the way, are fabulous and desired. Smart move. But there are very Aquamarine and standard veranda rooms. Those less expensive rooms book far very in advance. 

I been   On Serenity four times. Three for WC’s .i always took the classic cabin for the tub.also I think it has great storage.most ships I like for a bigger space but the classic cabin worked for me due to location.

As some of us often say, choice is a good thing! So it is good there are those who prefer the Sapphire Suite. Personally, our suite of choice is the Classic Aquamarine, as opposed to any of the newly renovated suites. We have spent our last three cruises, happily, in that category. During a tour of various categories on our May transatlantic we felt the Sapphire would not suit us as well; but unfortunately did not take note of all these little details. These little details now seem important since we are currently booked to spend 18 days in one, unless the Aquamarine suite clears!  So please, any additional information is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for various perspectives 😊

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 4:31 PM, Ibis said:

I was able to take a look a few minutes ago at the new Sapphire Suite.

The bar is quite high.  I would say around 7 feet or a little more from the floor.  In terms of hanging space I tried to use my feet to measure it and then compare to a traditional Sapphire suite. I would guesstimate has two feel less hanging space but this is truly a guesstimate.

I hope this helps.

Keith

• Thanks 1

This is, indeed, most helpful and thank you very much! It helps us set our expectations level which in my option is very important in order to avoid disappointment once in this suite. Hopefully, there are many cruisers who will be comfortable in the Sapphire suite but for us it will definitely be a challenge. We both enjoy having what we consider adequate  wardrobe, both casual and formal when we cruise so the small amount of hanging space will definitely be challenging as well as the bar height of 7 feet for me at 5 ft 1 in. Thankfully, my husband at 6ft 3in will undoubtedly be glad to help 😍 but what a nuisance! 

It turns out this trip has been a bit fraught. You might remember we are the ones who had, in May, booked on board (with an Aquamarine Suite confirmed) the B2B New York Fort Lauderdale. So convenient since we live in Fort Lauderdale. Then, thanks to Roy’s quick observation here on CC we began to question  the legality of that Itinerary. It literally took weeks and a great deal of effort on the part of our travel  agent for Crystal to finally figure it out and tell us we could not travel on that itinerary. We switched that booking to the last two segments of the WC 2025 but then realized we still really wanted a New York Quebec New York itinerary as we have never cruised the Saint Lawerence. By that time there were no Classic Aquamarine Suites left😖. TA is checking very frequently with Crystal but  nothing available at this point.

Still looking forward to being on board and thanks to help from here we know what to expect so we won’t be totally exasperated when we start to unpack! Many thanks, Keith for your extra effort to go back and checkout that closet!

• Like 3