Lido Grill on QE

maggielou362

I am treating my two adult daughters to a five-night cruise on QE in January 2025 (Sydney - Hobart - Sydney) They are aged 33 and 29, but one of them is a nocturnal beast who's not really that keen on dressing up and sitting up at the table for dinner every night (still a teenager at heart!) I was wondering whether anyone can enlighten me regarding the Lido Grill. I'm sure she will find something in the Lido buffet, but I am hoping that she might be able get a burger, hot dog or chips at the Lido Grill. When I was on QE in 2016 the Lido Grill was never open. Any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

Posted (edited)

The grill counter is open 12 midday to 5pm on QE, perhaps 30 minutes later, depending on local factors. But basically lunch time to late afternoon. The main Lido will always have chips and usually some sort of burger. Then the pizzeria section will be open both lunch and evenings to around 8:30pm. The late snack slot may have mini burgers or similar in it. Burgers and chips are available in the middle of the night via room service. There is also the Golden Lion at lunch. Hopefully she does also eat a few healthier items, she is middle aged already, in terms of how the human body works.

Edited by Pushpit
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

I am treating my two adult daughters to a five-night cruise on QE in January 2025 (Sydney - Hobart - Sydney) They are aged 33 and 29, but one of them is a nocturnal beast who's not really that keen on dressing up and sitting up at the table for dinner every night (still a teenager at heart!) I was wondering whether anyone can enlighten me regarding the Lido Grill. I'm sure she will find something in the Lido buffet, but I am hoping that she might be able get a burger, hot dog or chips at the Lido Grill. When I was on QE in 2016 the Lido Grill was never open. Any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

Not knowing about the late night offerings in the Lido, remember there is always 24/7 room service, where burgers etc., were on the Menu.

• Thanks 1

Om QE a year ago and my wife and I also do not do the main dining room thing and ate every night in the Lido. I would be surprised if it has changed much, there is a choice of hot food as well as salad, and just outside of the Lido where the Pizza bar is, one night they did Singapore Noodles with either beef, chicken or salmon, very nice. Our dinning times in the evening was about 8:00pm.

• Thanks 1

You don't have to be in your twenties to be a night owl.  My wife started line dancing in her fifties as a guard against balance and falls. Most nights we end the evening in the Yatch Club, dancing until around 1am.

Then on to the Lido, which is very much still open.  It has mostly just drinks and whatever sweets are still available after dinner service completed, but there is slways at least one savoury dish still available.

I think that the Lido is open until 2am or 3am.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, papafox888 said:

Then on to the Lido, which is very much still open.  It has mostly just drinks and whatever sweets are still available after dinner service completed, but there is slways at least one savoury dish still available.

I think that the Lido is open until 2am or 3am.

Formally the Late Snack time is 10:00 to Midnight, sometimes 00:30, and there will be a mix of small plate sweet and savoury items. After that, the staff clear away the food items and clean down the serving area, prepare most tables for breakfast. However they do keep the tea, coffee, water, juice machines going and maybe some leftover biscuits. You can't rely on food being available at 02:00 hrs.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pushpit said:

Formally the Late Snack time is 10:00 to Midnight, sometimes 00:30, and there will be a mix of small plate sweet and savoury items. After that, the staff clear away the food items and clean down the serving area, prepare most tables for breakfast. However they do keep the tea, coffee, water, juice machines going and maybe some leftover biscuits. You can't rely on food being available at 02:00 hrs.

According to the DP, the Lido (I know it is called something different) on QA stopped at 12.30 am. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1