CCL stock OBC rejected

SDARCH

I agree with @0bnxshs.  This is the 21st century and HAL's website should be able to show a client what they have for an upcoming cruise.  I have noticed that the graphics on the site have been updated in some areas.  Call me old-school, but sometimes I'd rather just see the data in a "green screen" format (IBM) than have to deal with graphical interfaces that are just "pretty" but have no real substance to them.

On a side note, I emailed my HAL PCC and she replied with a breakdown of my OBC for my upcoming cruise.  That's been printed off and added to my cruise binder.  I keep hard copies of everything that I book pre-cruise, just in case.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

For those like myself who would like to see HAL show you what OBC you have for any given booking, here's what Princess on their website will show you (but not their APP):Screenshot2024-08-30092842.thumb.jpg.594b2f2d2cd5c218abe1b6dcaf78024c.jpg

I've blotto'd out our names just to protect the innocent but they are my OBC and my DWs OBC for a 6 night cruise in December 2024.

Why HAL won't/can't do this is a mystery and has no real basis in today's data-driven world.  I guess they'd rather entertain phone calls and unhappy and confused guests because even, once on board, trying to decipher the account statement on the first day of a cruise can be frustrating.  Why line items like in the above example can't be shown seems almost deceptive, IMHO. 🤨

I'm in total agreement with you regarding being able to "see" the details of OBC's and not need to phone HAL or our TA's to inquire. The unneccessary stress of wondering if the OBC's will be there when we get onto the ship, time spent on the phone, and inconsistent processing of the various OBC's by HAL and it's verification sources in absurd. HAL needs to take customer satifaction and care seriously and update their online system and app. 

We've been on lots of Princess cruises and find their web site and app easy to use, their medallion is great when trying to get into our cabin when carrying food and beverage.  I love how the medallion can remain in my mini pocket book and the bar steward acknowledges me by name when he approches. His ipad picks up the customer info without the need for pulling out my key card, etc. Plus on Princess' own island, unike HAL's, my beverages are all charged back to my shipboard account. There's no excuse for the antiquated HAL IT system.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Euby said:

I agree with @0bnxshs.  This is the 21st century and HAL's website should be able to show a client what they have for an upcoming cruise.  I have noticed that the graphics on the site have been updated in some areas.  Call me old-school, but sometimes I'd rather just see the data in a "green screen" format (IBM) than have to deal with graphical interfaces that are just "pretty" but have no real substance to them.

On a side note, I emailed my HAL PCC and she replied with a breakdown of my OBC for my upcoming cruise.  That's been printed off and added to my cruise binder.  I keep hard copies of everything that I book pre-cruise, just in case.

You too must recall the days of CICS and those smartly laid out screens which contained information only - fast to load and display too - and ad free!  I miss those days... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 5:05 PM, DougandEric said:

Something to think about.  I went to the StockPerks app and logged in, tried to link my E*Trade account and it wouldn't authorize.  It occurred to me that I changed my access to use a security code which is through the Norton VIP Access app and StockPerks doesn't support that - at least that I can see.  So I'll have to take a picture of my statement.  Security can make things difficult.

Ithink it is too early to get the stock perks do it in NOV

On 8/28/2024 at 10:34 AM, MikeD4134 said:
This is on every reservation I make.  Stock Benefit and AARP Benefit are always included.

Included In Your Reservation

sevice-onboard-credit-012218-c052.jpg.im

Cruise Only: Our Lowest Fare + Add On Amenities Later
Terms & Conditions

Shareholders Appreciation
Your shareholder onboard credit has been applied.
AARP Member Benefit
Your AARP onboard credit has been applied.

None of mine have the Shareholder line, only the AARP line.

On 8/21/2024 at 2:05 PM, DougandEric said:

Something to think about.  I went to the StockPerks app and logged in, tried to link my E*Trade account and it wouldn't authorize.  It occurred to me that I changed my access to use a security code which is through the Norton VIP Access app and StockPerks doesn't support that - at least that I can see.  So I'll have to take a picture of my statement.  Security can make things difficult.

Same thing here.  Even emailed Stockperks and they (rightfully) blamed Plaid.  I suggested they look into another provider that can handle 2FA🙂

Did the email of the highly redacted account info and though they never notified me, when I checked it let me request the OBC.  That was a couple days ago and still waiting for confirmation.

23 hours ago, leafsnation said:

Can you still mail in your brokerage statement and voyage details to get the shareholder obc?

Bob

Not that I'm aware of... I took a screenshot of my portfolio, used a paint program to black out all the details I didn't want to share, downloaded it to my phone and then attached it to the stockperks app.

Luckily I'm a computer professional and have worked with computers for 40 years!  My sympathies for those of you who don't have relatively advanced computer skills and have to try to do this.  Maybe your TA can help???

All because they don't support 2FA ☹️ 

On 9/17/2024 at 10:49 AM, leafsnation said:

Can you still mail in your brokerage statement and voyage details to get the shareholder obc?

Bob

If you have a Smartphone of almost any recent vintage, you should be able to take a picture of the brokerage statement and use the tools within your Photo Gallery app to black out any info you don't want shared.  Having your brokerage statement on your phone would make uploading the statement to your StockPerks account much easier.   

On 8/21/2024 at 7:45 PM, Lido deck main said:

We print the statement on our desktop to PDF, we then use an editor to cross off account number, then email that statement to myself, I then save it on my cell phone, then I do a manual update to Stockperks.

What PDF editor are you using - Acrobat?