Oosterdam.....shower over bath

Posted (edited)

Aft Veranda cabins with an asterisk * on the deck plan are shower only.

Signature and Neptune Suites have a tub/shower combo and a separate shower also.  Pinnacle Suites have a shower and tub separate. Look on the deck plan for each level to see the cabins with *.

image.png.5b088589676e60f4c7bd7dc7401bc323.png

Edited by oakridger

• 1 month later...

Not all cabins have showers. If you look at their deck layouts and follow the key symbols they will tell you the ones with just showers. However, I have found they are not always up to date. I call my cruise consultant at HAL to confirm before choosing a cabin. The other alternative is a HOT TUB for relief!

16 minutes ago, P&PNH said:

Not all cabins have showers. If you look at their deck layouts and follow the key symbols they will tell you the ones with just showers. However, I have found they are not always up to date. I call my cruise consultant at HAL to confirm before choosing a cabin. The other alternative is a HOT TUB for relief!

Just to clarify, all cabins have showers. Not all are stall (walk-in) showers. More often than not the verandah cabins have the shower over the tub. As @oakridger said, the verandah cabins with shower only are marked on the deck plans. I think these were changed from tub to stall shower on the older ships in a refit to give people more choice. 

Neptune suites have a separate stall shower from the tub. (I think Sig suites do, too, but I'm not sure about that) On some ships where there's a stall shower and a tub, there's a shower over the tub. On other ships (K'dam is one) the tub has no shower. 

Just now, Sherry H said:

WE have not been in a shower only that does not have several of grab bars in them.  That takes care of my husbands balance issues.

Shower only actually is a safer option than getting into a tub.  It would be nice is there was a seating shelf .  Do they have that in accessible cabins?

52 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Shower only actually is a safer option than getting into a tub.  It would be nice is there was a seating shelf .  Do they have that in accessible cabins?

If they don't have that, they certainly should. You can request a shower chair, but I don't think it fits in the rather narrow tubs. It barely fit in our tiny stall shower in a corner aft on K'dam. No way it would have fit in the tub.

I was on a cruise a number of months after my total hip replacement and in a stateroom with the shower tub combo.  It's tricky but I sat near the toilet end of the tub sitting on a towel on edge of tub, then put one leg over in the tub and other on floor grabbing the grab bar, then hoisting the other leg over.  It's doable, but yea, you've got to be careful.