Where is QM2 currently?

paulco

Posted (edited)

QM2 departed Southampton on Friday (August 16) close to her scheduled 5:00pm departure time and is currently on a transatlantic crossing to New York. I estimate she has sailed roughly 650 NM of that voyage as of this posting. She is scheduled to arrive at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal next Friday morning (August 23).

Edited by bluemarble

23 hours ago, IB2 said:

We’re 500 nm north of the Azores, sailing west, towards the remnants of a hurricane.

Hope all is going well on your crossing @IB2 We've been following on cruise mapper and see the more southern route to avoid the storm remnants. We board in Brooklyn on Friday and looks like a beautiful day of weather for your arrival and our departure. Hopeful all will go smoothly and on time. 

• Like 2

I have been tracking QM2 and looks like she is headed for the remnants of Ernesto.  I would imagine she will be steering South to avoid the worst of it.

We embark Friday as well.  Can't wait! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

I have been tracking QM2 and looks like she is headed for the remnants of Ernesto.  I would imagine she will be steering South to avoid the worst of it.

That is what the captain said at noon.  Tomorrow will be a rough, windy day with gale 8-9 winds but by Wednesday we will be back in calm, sunny conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Me too. Can't wait should be good it is gonna be like 28 degress at the sail away party.

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Me too. Can't wait should be good it is gonna be like 28 degress at the sail away party.

It’s certainly gone warm, but we’ve had Force 8 winds on deck today