Bed on right or left

nightime

Just as @Tex1 says. So if one is too the left the next cabin is to the right. Doesn't help as on the Muse one side of the corridor is odd numbers, the other even numbers. But on deck 9 of the Muse 923 is to the left and 925 to the right. 904 is to the left.

9 hours ago, nightime said:

Is there any way to tell which side the bed will be on when you walk into the room of the veranda suite? 

If you are meaning which side of the cabin in another sense, the sofa is always between the bed and the balcony.  There is also a curtain between the bed and the sofa, handy if the morning sun is too bright.   The bed itself is behind the bathroom, feet facing the long wall to the entry door.

The head of the bed will most likely be forward. Ships are normally trimmed even keel or with a slight stern trim and this design keeps your head higher than your feet. It can be a pain when trimmed by the head,

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

The head of the bed will most likely be forward. Ships are normally trimmed even keel or with a slight stern trim and this design keeps your head higher than your feet. It can be a pain when trimmed by the head,

I must respectfully disagree.  Bed direction alternates between each cabin.  On Silversea ships, one’s feet point towards the entry door wall, therefore alternating pointing fore and aft.  The bed never has one’s head on the pillow looking at the cabin entry door.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For Vista and Verandah cabins, if you look at the deck plan, there is usually an indent from the corridor which is where the cabin door is - mostly in pairs as adjoining cabins are mirror images of each other.

The sticking out bit into the corridor is the bathroom.

When you walk into the cabin, there is a pathway in a direct line to the desk and then the window/verandah door. If the bathroom is on your right, the head of the bed will be on your right, or vice versa if the bathroom is on your left.

This image is for the Moon classic verandah but is fairly representative of the rest of the classic fleet.

You can find the plan for each ship from the SS website - select 'our ships' from the top banner, pick your ship from the drop down menu, scroll down to 'suites', pick your suite class and click on 'suite plan'. There are photos there too.

PS you can find the deck plans in the same place, under the 'our ships' tab - just click on your ship and scroll down.

image.thumb.png.18c854016cfc0511515ce09ce83e4a32.png

Edited by jollyjones

Posted (edited)

I have an issue with my right shoulder so prefer to sleep on my left side.  I would rather be facing the sofa (and open space) when I sleep, opposed to the wall. We plan to sail on the Nova.

Edited by nightime

Posted (edited)

Yes, for example cabins 6049 or 7025 would look like what you want.

PS the cabins marked with a water drop on the deck plan have a bath as well as a shower - for example 6069.

The shower in the cabins without a bath are huge and amazingly good!

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Power said:

I must respectfully disagree.  Bed direction alternates between each cabin.  On Silversea ships, one’s feet point towards the entry door wall, therefore alternating pointing fore and aft.  The bed never has one’s head on the pillow looking at the cabin entry door.

As I said "Most likely".

I based that comment on my numerous years at sea serving on many different types of ship and they tend to be trimmed ... as in not on an even keel ... more than cruise ships. It was not unusual to have a trim six feet or more by the stern, hence their design was different.

Having said that every cruise I have been on has had the bed 'fore and aft' with the head forward.

Sailing with a relative even keel will make minimal difference to bed configuration, and I have seen some photo's showing a bed facing the window, something you could never get away with on a cargo ship rolling through 50 plus degrees ... you'd slide out 😁