If you have the Premium Drink Package....

stvntra

I used the cooler in Bermuda also to bring to the beach. I got a number of people asking where I got it. It saved buying $5 Cans of soda at the beach. It folds up so great for traveling.  I just brought it to SD in June- 2 of them. But our next cruise is a TA in November & we are spending 10 nights in Spain before it so probably won't bring it to decrease luggage space.

45 minutes ago, minniemouse427 said:

Even easier to have them empty it on embarkation day and use the fridge during the cruise. Simple enough to document the empty fridge with a time stamped photo if you feel it necessary (we didn't need it).

yes, that makes a lot of sense as well.  I just remember our fridge on the last cruise we went on, which was Royal Caribbean, already had the fridge emptied so we didn't have to worry about that at all and could just put our wine, water, etc., in there as we wanted.

40 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

We check the contents against the list of what is available pre and post but I guess someone could still get it wrong.  Not worth bringing a cooler or bothering with locking it for us, but then again we’ve never been charged.

Hmmm.. that makes sense as well.  I hadn't thought about that avenue.  Thanks! 🙂

18 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

I used the cooler in Bermuda also to bring to the beach. I got a number of people asking where I got it. It saved buying $5 Cans of soda at the beach. It folds up so great for traveling.  I just brought it to SD in June- 2 of them. But our next cruise is a TA in November & we are spending 10 nights in Spain before it so probably won't bring it to decrease luggage space.

yes, that makes perfect sense when it comes to saving money for sure.  I have one that would fold for travel easily in my suitcase, but we usually don't drink sodas or anything anyway, other than water and alcohol, but I think our alcohol is already included on the excursions this trip, so it may be best for us to wait until we go back to the Tropics for New Year! 🙂

I used the cooler in Bermuda also to bring to the beach. I got a number of people asking where I got it. It saved buying $5 Cans of soda at the beach. It folds up so great for traveling.  I just brought it to SD in June- 2 of them. But our next cruise is a TA in November & we are spending 10 nights in Spain before it so probably won't bring it to decrease luggage space. Our last steward was lazy & did not empty the refrigerator nor did he lock it like I asked. 

17 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Most other cruise lines I have sailed NO Longer stock the cooler/fridge.

Am I to understand that Celebrity still does?

Princess still does. Maybe it is part of Elite benefit. During our 14 days cruise on Sun Princess, being Elite, we got stocked up twice. 

11 hours ago, George C said:

If in a suite they Will normally stock , some suites gets fridge stocked daily with whatever beer, water and soda you want .

i really like that when they decided to include the mini-bar with all suites, they also removed the wine and liquor from the mini-fridges.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

When you left the ship did they inspect the cooler?  If so, did they comment on its contents?  I'm asking because our thought is that we'd like to bring beer, soda and water that we've purchased and is has been kept in our mini-fridge off the ship to a public beach area near the port where drinking is permitted.  A related question - is the beer in the min-fridge always bottles?  I recall some areas of the ship where cans of beer are available - but they often insist on opening them before they hand them over.  I'd rather crush the empty cans and recycle them on board than place them in the local trash bin.

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

i really like that when they decided to include the mini-bar with all suites, they also removed the wine and liquor from the mini-fridges.  

Interesting that they remove some in suites. We had in a regular stateroom

both beer wine and liquor a few weeks ago.   

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

When you left the ship did they inspect the cooler?  If so, did they comment on its contents?  I'm asking because our thought is that we'd like to bring beer, soda and water that we've purchased and is has been kept in our mini-fridge off the ship to a public beach area near the port where drinking is permitted.  A related question - is the beer in the min-fridge always bottles?  I recall some areas of the ship where cans of beer are available - but they often insist on opening them before they hand them over.  I'd rather crush the empty cans and recycle them on board than place them in the local trash bin.

No one ever checked what was in the cooler. It was only soda & bottled water. You aren't allowed to bring any food from the ship. I had some individual wrapped trail mix packs from home that I brought with me for snacks & we just skipped lunch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Interesting that they remove some in suites. We had in a regular stateroom

both beer wine and liquor a few weeks ago.   

This is new since Celebrity made the contents of the Mini-bar free to Suite Passengers.  I was hoping they still had those small bottles of Tito's Vodka but from what I have read here on CC, it's only beer, wine, and soda in the Sky Suite mini-fridges.   I'll find out first hand in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

This is new since Celebrity made the contents of the Mini-bar free to Suite Passengers.  I was hoping they still had those small bottles of Tito's Vodka but from what I have read here on CC, it's only beer, wine, and soda in the Sky Suite mini-fridges.   I'll find out first hand in April. 

I have never seen liquor in fridge even in upper suites, but of course the upper suites get two liter bottles of your choice.

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I have never seen liquor in fridge even in upper suites, but of course the upper suites get two liter bottles of your choice.

As @DaKahuna notes, there was a time when they would load the mini-fridges up with a variety of miniatures in all cabin classes along with a price list for everything.  We always pulled them out and left them around the TV to make space for what we wanted to keep cool.  Sometimes the attendant would bag them up and stash them under the bed.  Guess it made end of cruise restocking simpler.

3 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I am surprised OP got through exit with a bag of sodas as they say no food or beverages allowed off, except the water bottles

Last cruise to Bermuda in July , two people carrying coffee to go cups, were not allowed off ship unless they dumped their coffee or drank it first