What are the benefits to a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam that I can't get by purchasing Club Orange?

Last year we sailed to Alaska on the Koningsdam in a Neptune Suite and we discovered that we much preferred the Club Orange benefits over the Neptune Suite benefits.

We enjoy the larger cabin, larger washroom and larger balcony of the Neptune Suite.  We have sailed in Neptune Suites in the past and our experience, and this has been our experience, the Neptune Lounge has never been great for us.  Having access to the Neptune Lounge and the Concierge will never form a part of whether or not we ever sail in the Neptune Suite again.  We have never found the Concierge to provide great service and slow to solve any issues that we had when sailing.

We enjoyed the Club Orange benefits so much that when we returned from the Alaska cruise we missed the experience so we sailed again on the Koningsdam to the California Coast.  This time we booked CO with a balcony cabin and upgraded to one of the largest balconies on the ship.  We did enjoy the complimentary laundry of the Neptune Suite and that was easily added to any booking for any cabin.  

As the OP has sailed on MSC YC you will most likely find HAL's suite experience severely lacking, especially considering the price.  When I checked HAL's pricing for a Neptune Suite in Alaska for next year the price had increased nearly 50% than we paid.  For us, the value is just not there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

We're looking at booking a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam but I'm having trouble figuring out what the actual benefits are vs just paying for Club Orange. 

Obviously the room is larger but I really don't care much about that. 

What I have figured out: 

- Access to the Concierge Lounge (which I can't find a video of on YouTube oddly enough) 

- Access to a Concierge (which we typically don't use very often) 

What other benefits would there be over just booking a cheaper room and paying for Club Orange?

If I'm reading things correctly, there's no butler, drink package, WiFi, or access to a thermal spa included like you see on many other lines in suites. I also don't believe there's an exclusive pool deck.

I appreciate any insight as this will be our first HAL cruise. 

Thank you!

Paul and Carole Love to Travel on YouTube did a vlog series a year or 2 ago on the KDam and had a Neptune Suite, one of the videos takes you inside the concierge lounge and shows you around 🙂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Well, her suitcase handle was broken completely off by the stevedores and one of my walking cones was jammed.  I went to the concierge to see if they could help at all and yes, they sure could.  My walking stick was fixed and my friends’ suitcase had a new handle which matched her trim perfectly.

Just want to point out that your cabin steward, in any level room, can take your suitcase and have the handle repaired. We've had that happen in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate everybody's feedback on things, thank you!

Since the room itself doesn't matter to us and because we're able to get pretty much all the benefits we do care about through Club Orange, we've decided to save the money and just get a standard balcony and add Club Orange instead for this sailing.

We look forward to sailing on HAL for the first time next summer...thanks again!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I appreciate everybody's feedback on things, thank you!

Since the room itself doesn't matter to us and because we're able to get pretty much all the benefits we do care about through Club Orange, we've decided to save the money and just get a standard balcony and add Club Orange instead for this sailing.

We look forward to sailing on HAL for the first time next summer...thanks again!

CO does sell-out, so hopefully it is still available for your cruise.  

• Like 1