Icon, free drinks?

9 minutes ago, vision14k said:

Are free drinks included at night in the lounge on Icon if you are SKY class? What time if so?

From what I have heard here on CC, water, soft drinks, wine and beer are available almost all day in the lounge. Alcoholic drinks are available during HH, which I believe to be 5-8pm. When we go to CK to eat dinner, the lounge bar is right there, so I also assume that you can order your HH drinks while eating dinner in CK; again, not sure, but hoping this is true! Cheers!

Maybe someone else knows for sure!

We just got off ICON - LOVED her!  Free alcoholic drinks in Lounge - same area as Coastal Kitchen from 5 to 8.  Since we had dinner reservations most nights at 6 - they just took our free drink order at our table before ordering food.  We were Diamond Plus - they do NOT remove any free drinks from your sea pass card while free drinks in lounge.  Likewise - the same for the GROVE - very nice!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

We just got off ICON - LOVED her!  Free alcoholic drinks in Lounge - same area as Coastal Kitchen from 5 to 8.  Since we had dinner reservations most nights at 6 - they just took our free drink order at our table before ordering food.  We were Diamond Plus - they do NOT remove any free drinks from your sea pass card while free drinks in lounge.  Likewise - the same for the GROVE - very nice!

So you get free drinks in the grove too??

I did not think that was the policy - never read it anywhere, but every time we got a drink in the GROVE it was never taken off our Diamond Plus allotment.  Maybe we just had a very nice bartender.  This was afternoons by the pool (tiny pool) but refreshing.  All kinds of snacks and goodies at their buffet in the Grove also - sliders, fruits, salads, hummus and dips, desserts - small plate type things but very handy!!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Treacher1! I was wondering if the Grove would honor free drinks for the suites. I usually get the Refreshment Package to supplement our D+ drinks but, if the Grove provides them, I wouldn't need to get it. Hopefully, this will be the case when we board Icon next year! Looking forward to exploring Icon! Cheers!

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

Loved the Icon but I personally didn't care for having the SL area combined with CK.

I agree that the separation would be nice, probably like it is on Oasis. However, I do like the fact that the CK servers are able to get the HH dinner drinks from the nearby bar. I won't be able to have a real opinion until we experience this personally. Happy cruising!

• Thanks 1

Service was beyond compare in Coastal Kitchen - however I prefer windows to see the ocean - we had a table for 2 right by the floor to ceiling windows so we would watch rehearsals for the Aqua show - different - hope you have a good experience - we had no complaints.  I only wish with the high price of the suites on ICON that Coco Beach Club would be included.

• Like 1