Photo review: Hanseatic spirit - Alaska 7/30 - 8/14/2024

steamboats

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your photo review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

steamboats was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

We had the pleasure to cruise onboard the Hanseatic spirit from Vancouver to Seward (15 nights). I just started my photo extense review with part 1 about the ship itself - and I just realized that today the Hanseatic spirit is celebrating its 3rd birthday.

The text is in German but usually automatic translation works pretty well - and there are still the photos ;-). The first part covers the ship from deck 3 to deck 6 - actually I planned one part for the ship but as I said... too many photos.

Usually I try to post one part per day but I don´t have that much time anymore so I´m limited to the weekends to work on the review. I´ll let you know when a new part went online.

Enjoy!

steamboats

• Like 1

My first cruise was on the old Hanseatic and I'm hoping to try one of the new ones some time soon. I really hope that they'll start including some Kimberley cruises for when the ships are on their tours in Asia. 

• Like 1

Today´s entry covers our travel to Vancouver and our first evening onboard. This is the first time ever I traveled from Germany to Canada (or US) boarding a ship the same day without a pre cruise hotel night.

You have to wait a bit for more entries until the weekend...

steamboats

Another part is online - Day 2 - we're cruising the Inside Passage.

Great, I wanted to work on the review the whole weekend and woke up to Alexa telling me she doesn't have internet. Seems like we need some new hardware. So I can only work offline meaning I can work on my photos but not work on new entries.

Fortunately my mobile phone is online (when I'm close to a window at the street side of my home 🤣).

steamboats 

On day 5 we´re docked in Wrangell. In the morning we join a jetboat tour on the Stikine river. In the afternoon we explore the little town and the Petroglyph beach. Early in the night the captain woke us up with an announcement which made everyone jump out of bed an got outside 😉.

steamboats