2025 Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo tickets already on sale

• edinburgher changed the title to 2025 Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo tickets already on sale

Any of the yellow blocks.

We were in Block 4, row Z, middle of the row.  The further back you are, the higher, so still get a very good view. The two seats at the aisle in each row are more expensive, but their only advantage is that you can get out quicker!

It's worth noting that the very best tickets in the house are at the same level as the top row of these side blocks (row FF)

There is no such thing as a bad seat.

Seating Planimage.thumb.png.7402f90bc8d39aed0601eafe027d41df.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, belkin said:

Thanks for the advice. There are so many ticket options it's tough to decide.

There are cheaper and more expensive seats than the ones we were in, but I think the sort of area we sat in was probably at the peak of the value-for-money curve.

You may be interested in the 'behind the scenes' tour, which I think was run this year for the first time.  I met an Australian couple that were here on an Azamara ship who had been to it and the Tattoo the night before.  They couldn't have more highly recommended the tour.  They said that it was expensive, but worth every penny, giving them access to the bands rehearsing, the control gallery, and much more.  https://tickets.edintattoo.co.uk/selection/timeslotpass?productId=10228703068913

I have been 2x in the yellow section.  I bought the tickets myself.  Princess tickets were also in the yellow section.

The seats are in a long row from one aisle to the other aisle.  The show is 90 minutes with no intermission.  I was told from CC passenger that went the year before to exit when the solo bagpiper starts as there is only one entrance in/out to the castle and is VERY crowded when everyone is leaving at the same time.  We could still hear the piper and fireworks as we walked to our van.

There are port-a-potties near the entrance.  The show goes on rain or shine. Since the show is at night and can be cold/windy in the stands be prepared for rain/cold.  I put on a jacket, wool hat and gloves both times.  Bring a small grocery plastic bag to put on the seat encase it rained and the seat is wet.

Saturday show time is different than the weekday show.  The weekday show will be too late to take the train back to the show.

Check out your Roll Call, maybe others might make a group.  We were a group of 16 from our Roll Call.  One person purchased all the tickets in a row as you don’t want to search for others sitting in different areas at the end of the show.  Other person hired a van with a stop at Sterling Castle and drop off at the ship after.