checking in when ship departs on day 2

We did this, once,  but at a different port. They were still there doing embarkation but there was no one there to take our picture. Lol. Hopefully someone who has done it at QC sees your post and can verify. I know I’ve seen posts saying they’ve done it there. 

I did this in Quebec City, but it was quite a long time ago. It was about 8 in the evening and everything was closed down. I had to show my boarding pass to a security guard to enter the building. He directed me to the gangplank where I showed by boarding pass again and was directed to the front desk where they did the check in, including taking the picture.

• Like 1

An out of the blue comment related to departing on Day 2...

We have done this once with HAL last fall on a cruise out of Trieste. 

The sailaway party was surprising well attended and more surprisingly a lot of fun.  We have done a few HAL cruises and have never really witnessed much of a sailaway parry (which is totally fine by us).

However, this was very different and my theory was when you have a day 2 departure,  most are well settled in on the ship by sailawy and more interested in joining a sailaway party. It was fun ... they were unable to keep up at the Aperol Spritz bar making table 😏

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

An out of the blue comment related to departing on Day 2...

We have done this once with HAL last fall on a cruise out of Trieste. 

The sailaway party was surprising well attended and more surprisingly a lot of fun.  We have done a few HAL cruises and have never really witnessed much of a sailaway parry (which is totally fine by us).

However, this was very different and my theory was when you have a day 2 departure,  most are well settled in on the ship by sailawy and more interested in joining a sailaway party. It was fun ... they were unable to keep up at the Aperol Spritz bar making table 😏

We experienced the same thing in April.  The sailaway party was packed and super fun!!  It wasn’t a Day 2 departure, though.  Same day; out of PEV.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

We experienced the same thing in April.  The sailaway party was packed and super fun!!  It wasn’t a Day 2 departure, though.  Same day; out of PEV.

Maybe there is hope for HAL and sailaway parties on occasion then 😀

We were on a HAL cruise once and out on deck where the sailaway was I guess happening. A HAL newbie near us asked .. "I thought there was supposed to be a sailaway party here?" - and I replied "Yeah ... this is it ..." 🙂

• Like 1