Labor Day Flash Sale for Cruises

mahdnc

Posted (edited)

celebrity has been running the same sale practically every day since December 2023.

similar promotion, no real difference. sometimes it's $100, sometimes it's $200.

the good news is that this FLASH sale is only thru September 2nd.

but this next sale is thru September 11th and yes, it's the same thing. image.png.8a95bf9eb42286fdddb0f3db6b5c2218.png

be on the lookout for the next same sale in 2 weeks.

I have also gotten FLASH promotions the past 4 weekends with up to 30% off on-board goodies like excursions, drinks, wi-fi, and dining. Some things are 30% off, most are 10-20%, some are no discount.  Haven't seen the Labor Day FLASH sale but it's only Tuesday.

Edited by Vandelay Inc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vandelay Inc said:

celebrity has been running the same sale practically every day since December 2023.

similar promotion, no real difference. sometimes it's $100, sometimes it's $200.

the good news is that this FLASH sale is only thru September 2nd.

but this next sale is thru September 11th and yes, it's the same thing. image.png.8a95bf9eb42286fdddb0f3db6b5c2218.png

be on the lookout for the next same sale in 2 weeks.

I have also gotten FLASH promotions the past 4 weekends with up to 30% off on-board goodies like excursions, drinks, wi-fi, and dining. Some things are 30% off, most are 10-20%, some are no discount.  Haven't seen the Labor Day FLASH sale but it's only Tuesday.

Yes, Celebrity is flashing us all the time.....

• Haha 7

Those wacky guys n gals in the Celebrity marketing department had to get something on the web site so they can start their long Labor Day Weekend.

I'm so old, I can remember at the end of the pandemic they were begging for business. As you boarded they greeted you with a welcoming crew clapping and a glass of champagne. 

I still enjoy sailing with Celebrity, so Bon Voyage to all my friends. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's your time  aboard that counts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

I'm so old, I can remember at the end of the pandemic they were begging for business. As you boarded they greeted you with a welcoming crew clapping and a glass of champagne. 

How old do you have to be to remember that?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

As you boarded they greeted you with a welcoming crew clapping ...

I see you're from Tampa Bay.  Any chance you were also on the Constellation restart cruise in 2021?  You described our experience perfectly.

36 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Yes, I certainly was. Had an Aqua class on deck 9 I think, but leaks from the repositioning cruise made it uninhabitable. The Hotel Manager moved us to a lovely aft view cabin. Most excellent.

Just now, bayonnejoe said:

Yes, but are you old enough to remember  when a Celebrity sale was actually a sale and not the same prices every week under a different banner?

• Haha 1

Celebrity...why?  Your percentages can cause issues when getting insurance, as each individual has a significant difference, like guest one 75% and guest 2 at 24%.  Insurance costs cannot be just split in half, but now age and percentage.  Then, if you do a MoveUp, what does the new invoice say? Is it the same percentages, or just a flat say 5,000 that has to be the same 75%/25%?  Your sales are pretty much the same, but can cause huge issues when buying insurance

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Celebrity...why?  Your percentages can cause issues when getting insurance, as each individual has a significant difference, like guest one 75% and guest 2 at 24%.  Insurance costs cannot be just split in half, but now age and percentage.  Then, if you do a MoveUp, what does the new invoice say? Is it the same percentages, or just a flat say 5,000 that has to be the same 75%/25%?  Your sales are pretty much the same, but can cause huge issues when buying insurance

I have never had a trip insurance company confused by any of this.

My experience is that if sailing as a true pair, and the policy is being purchased for both together, the insurance questions about amounts are not split differently between the two pax.  It's the total for the trip for both that gets input to the system.  They then take the two ages against the actuarial table and split all of the declared costs in half to spit out a number for both for the whole trip.  They don't care which pax is 75% and which is 25% since it's all one big pot of $ for the trip that they're covering.

Now if there were two solos traveling, the smart thing to do would be to go together and have one buy the insurance for both for the trip to save confusion.

As for MoveUp, if you want the additional $ covered, you'll want to contact your insurance carrier to see if you can add the additional $ spent to your costs, which will probably have them asking for additional $ to cover it.  But the MoveUp is per cabin.  Again, no one at the insurance company is going to care about any bogus assignments of percentages to one pax or the other provided they're both being paid for on the same policy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, canderson said:

I have never had a trip insurance company confused by any of this.

My experience is that if sailing as a true pair, and the policy is being purchased for both together, the insurance questions about amounts are not split differently between the two pax.  It's the total for the trip for both that gets input to the system.  They then take the two ages against the actuarial table and split all of the declared costs in half to spit out a number for both for the whole trip.  They don't care which pax is 75% and which is 25% since it's all one big pot of $ for the trip that they're covering.

Now if there were two solos traveling, the smart thing to do would be to go together and have one buy the insurance for both for the trip to save confusion.

As for MoveUp, if you want the additional $ covered, you'll want to contact your insurance carrier to see if you can add the additional $ spent to your costs, which will probably have them asking for additional $ to cover it.  But the MoveUp is per cabin.  Again, no one at the insurance company is going to care about any bogus assignments of percentages to one pax or the other provided they're both being paid for on the same policy.

Well, according to Steve, this is the correct way to price insurance.  If you don’t have a claim and do it by splitting and age, the issue becomes a problem.  Steve has even written about this on Cruise Critic.  I am not debating that, but want to understand how to insure the added amount of a MoveUp to this 75% for guest 1 and 25% for guest 2.  Does Celebrity give you a new invoice on this?  I do not want to find this out after the fact if I need to make a claim. Last time I did a MoveUp, I totally forgot about the additional insurance, but did not file a claim.  Yes, until these new percentages were used, my insurance was always done the way you mentioned it.  This is new.

FWIW, it might be worth one’s time to read what Steve says regarding the percentages…or not!   I was actually hoping that you, along with a few others would respond regarding this situation.

Thanks for your take on this!

Edited by Lastdance

11 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

FWIW, it might be worth one’s time to read what Steve says regarding the percentages…or not!   I was actually hoping that you, along with a few others would respond regarding this situation.

Thanks for your take on this!

In a very similar way, I just did what you describe.  Had one Sunset Suite already paid/insured.  It was the usual 75/25 deal.  Insurance only cared about dates, total price and the two ages.  Coverage on policy face was identical per person coverage and limit (that's the key).

Fares dropped after final.  I upgraded their cabin with $ (not a MoveUp) to a RS.  Again, invoice shows 75/25 deal again.  Contacted Allianz to let them know the additional spend.  They were only interested in the total additional spend, not who was which by some percentage.  New policy issued.  Coverage still identical for both parties.

So perhaps it's the underwriter you wound up connected with that's doing something new or can't adjust to a cruise line deal. 

Look at it this way.  If a married couple were to book a true BOGO fare, one of the them would effectively be uninsurable in the scenario you described.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

In a very similar way, I just did what you describe.  Had one Sunset Suite already paid/insured.  It was the usual 75/25 deal.  Insurance only cared about dates, total price and the two ages.  Coverage on policy face was identical per person coverage and limit (that's the key).

Fares dropped after final.  I upgraded their cabin with $ (not a MoveUp) to a RS.  Again, invoice shows 75/25 deal again.  Contacted Allianz to let them know the additional spend.  They were only interested in the total additional spend, not who was which by some percentage.  New policy issued.  Coverage still identical for both parties.

So perhaps it's the underwriter you wound up connected with that's doing something new or can't adjust to a cruise line deal. 

Look at it this way.  If a married couple were to book a true BOGO fare, one of the them would effectively be uninsurable in the scenario you described.

Well, I am definitely going to keep investigating this situation because it is certainly unclear when you add different insurance companies, MoveUp, along with various other circumstances.  I have vey little trust with insurance companies period, as one does not know what happens unless you have a claim.  This is not with Alliance.  I also got a pricier cabin, but paid for additional insurance 75/25.  I am younger than my DH, so he is the 25%, so it works out cost-wise in our favor.