? about AARP registration

Is there somewhere on my account at HAL that I can see that I've got the AARP benefit?  I have an email from SheerID Verification that they verified my eligibility for it, but I can't find it on the HAL website.

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Is there somewhere on my account at HAL that I can see that I've got the AARP benefit?  I have an email from SheerID Verification that they verified my eligibility for it, but I can't find it on the HAL website.

At the bottom when I booked I was a line stating AARP OBC had been applied, but it didn't show the $$ amount. You can get a booking confirmation that shows total $$ amount of OBC, but to have it broken down by type, you'd need to call. They'll tell you the breakdown but not put it in print. If you have a TA, they can get it for you.

Once you get verified by Sheer ID, it takes a few days to the data to work its way to the HAL customer information and booking systems. You can call your PCC or TA and check to see if your Mariner account shows the AARP credit. There's no self service way to see it. Once the OBC is applied to a booking the OBC total increases. This will show on the booking confirmation as an increased total. You'll need to have someone tell you the breakdown though. The booking confirmation only shows a total.

Since the AARP OBC is good on future bookings, you can verify that it's being added when you book. But... You do need to speak with someone because obc' s not broken out by line item, amount and type / source.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, POA1 said:

Once you get verified by Sheer ID, it takes a few days to the data to work its way to the HAL customer information and booking systems. You can call your PCC or TA and check to see if your Mariner account shows the AARP credit. There's no self service way to see it. Once the OBC is applied to a booking the OBC total increases. This will show on the booking confirmation as an increased total. You'll need to have someone tell you the breakdown though. The booking confirmation only shows a total.

Since the AARP OBC is good on future bookings, you can verify that it's being added when you book. But... You do need to speak with someone because obc' s not broken out by line item, amount and type / source.

When I make a new reservation do I have to tell them that I have registered for the the AARP OBC?  We have a future cruise credit that we booked on our last cruise, but no specific cruise reservation yet (although there is a booking number).  

4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

When I make a new reservation do I have to tell them that I have registered for the the AARP OBC?  We have a future cruise credit that we booked on our last cruise, but no specific cruise reservation yet (although there is a booking number).  

I mention it because it does not always apply to the new booking automatically. Since you have a booking # they should be able to see the OBC.

If you go to My Account > My Profile > Future Cruise Credits, at the bottom of the page there is a section called Onboard Credits.

These are the credits that have not been applied to a cruise, I think. So, before I booked a cruise, it showed my healthcare worker credit. Once the cruise was booked, it disappeared. Shareholder credit showed there for a day or two, then disappeared from the list. AARP also was on there for a while, now is not. I haven't confirmed yet with the TA but I think that's what this section shows, maybe a holding spot until it is applied. I currently have a $50 credit there that is a code number (the other ones said what they were).

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

And you have to do it every year 

Yes, I know.  Which I find a bit silly since you can pay your membership for more than one year at a time.  

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Yes, I know.  Which I find a bit silly since you can pay your membership for more than one year at a time.  

Yes, but it can also be a one year membership. It's really not a big ask for the amount of OBC being offered.

48 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Yes, but it can also be a one year membership. It's really not a big ask for the amount of OBC being offered.

I know, I get it, but most programs that require an expiration date can accommodate whatever that date is, not just one year at a time.

• Haha 1

Sooo, I just registered my AARP status, but I had already booked the cruise for next year.  I assume that I will not be awarded the OBC for this cruise already booked?

Is the year from the time you requested the status or a calendar year, like 2024, 2025, etc?