Advocating for a BIE2 Itinerary

formernuke

7 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

Southampton would be better for all the locations listed than Portsmouth, and it's already a major cruise ship port. Mind you, as a Soton lad I'd argue that it's better than Pompey for everything 😉

As an independent voice, although I have spent many weeks in Southampton drydock on both Oriana and Canberra, plus sailed to/from the port, my preference is Portsmouth. The pubs in the vicinity of Southampton/Hamble/New Forest are great (probably been in most of them), but for me, Portsmouth wins with the Naval Dockyard.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

We we in Portsmouth on our WC in 2019 after something necessitated a schedule change.  We went to Stonehenge and I just loved the port.  I’ve also been on a cruise with Regent that docked in Southhampton (for London), and I just hated it.  Just too big and industrial.  To each their own, but for my fantasy BIE2 cruise, I’d choose Portsmouth.

We stopped in Portsmouth on a Viking cruise and loved the port. We spent the afternoon in the old dockyard touring Victory and visiting the Mary Rose Museum, one of the best museums I’ve ever experienced. 
image.thumb.jpeg.20823c85fb20750b30903168e47ded1a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.adcfebec50feee8107e4caadc852a95b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7132444178ebbc8f335529157181c3b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.807c0c3753692a6bfd3f686245555995.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e3d3532a5ce6c2a91f19de1fe33aa573.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.28036ede2187ed28cb8c73ceac21d0da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8b7bfa4558d085812f832a28d594b86f.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

We stopped in Portsmouth on a Viking cruise and loved the port. We spent the afternoon in the old dockyard touring Victory and visiting the Mary Rose Museum, one of the best museums I’ve ever experienced. 

Absolutely agree! Being rather new to cruising at that time, I found the Victory just amazing. It was a pretty stark contrast to the Viking ship we returned to, but that made it all the more interesting. 

Edited by lackcreativity
  • Like 1

Seems like there is a lot of support for BIE2. I wonder if Viking picks up on the Cruise Critic comments.  I’d even do a B2B with BIE 1&2!  

With the number of ships Viking has now it would be great to see some new ports and itineraries.  
Keep the suggestions coming.  

• Like 1