Buyer Beware - Awful Customer Care Post Cruise on NCL

On 8/31/2024 at 1:10 AM, TheBeardedCruiser said:

OP, some people are rude and will admit that they couldn't care less about the customers that pay their paychecks! They have no shame. Unfortunately, it sounds like the NCL representatives that you've attempted to work with have similar policies as the poster above. It's a shame because you have been so loyal to a company that isn't loyal to you at all! They will replace you without a shed tear. It's so sad, but it's true.

I disagree with everyone that has said that you should have done your due diligence and checked the room yourself. Not your job! That is the job of the professionals that told you that your room would be the same. NCL is fabulous for lumping dissimilar rooms into one category.

I unfortunately had a very similar experience with NCL giving me a room that was completely different than I expected. In my situation there were pictures on NCL's website of what I thought my room was supposed to look like. The pictures showed a large room with a couch and two closets. When I got to my room it was much smaller, no couch, and one small closet. I received zero compensation after fighting it for months. I gave up and have since not sailed on an NCL ship. I possibly will never go back, who knows? So far, I've loyalty matched with MSC Cruises and been extremely happy. They aren't perfect either, but I found them to be much more customer friendly!

I wish you the best in the future! May your next cruise be filled with delightful memories!!! 😄 

He was never told the room was the same.  He was told it was the smae CLASS.  Big difference.

OK so thanks everyone for your time in responding to the issues I raised.  I think along the way some things were lost in translation.  I DID ask all of the questions everyone has mentioned.  I specifically asked if the room had a separate master bedroom, living room, etc. like the suite we stayed in on the prior cruise.  On both occasions (onboard and on the phone later), I was assured yes.  At no time did anyone mention an ADA compliant room...that for me is the real issue here.  Had someone advised me of that fact, and we still chose to accept, then I would not ever have brought this up...on me at that point.  But any competent NCL Agent should know an ADA room is going to be configured differently...it has to be to accommodate those who need it.   I would certainly then have asked questions about the configuration and done additional research.   Had we known it was an ADA room, we would not have accepted it from the beginning.  Again, could I have looked at a deck plan...sure, but I asked enough specific questions that I never thought about it.  Lesson learned here for sure.

So an update as well.  After involving the BBB, a higher level Guest Services manager got involved at NCL, and we were offered 25% off of our cruise booked next summer on the NCL Aqua as compensation.  To me this is now a reasonable result and we accepted.  All of this nonsense could have been avoided had NCL simply been willing to engage from the beginning.  We were not asking for the moon...just a reasonable solution to make it right.

Thanks everyone again.  Happy Cruising!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, raschwinger said:

So an update as well.  After involving the BBB, a higher level Guest Services manager got involved at NCL, and we were offered 25% off of our cruise booked next summer on the NCL Aqua as compensation.  To me this is now a reasonable result and we accepted.  All of this nonsense could have been avoided had NCL simply been willing to engage from the beginning.  We were not asking for the moon...just a reasonable solution to make it right.

Thanks everyone again.  Happy Cruising!!

Glad this worked out for you.  I've also had some good results dealing with difficult businesses by bringing in the BBB. I once had a travel agent that never answered the phone or returned e-mails or voicemails.  I wanted to pay my cruise off and still couldn't get ahold of him.  Called agency number multiple times and couldn't get switch to another agent.  Once we involved the BBB, the owner called us and accepted our payment. It was crazy.

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1