LIVE from the Ruby - 20 day B2B Pacific Coastal + Hawaii, Sept. 26 - Oct. 15, 2024

2 hours ago, RNCheryl said:

f you haven’t read this touching story about a widowed night-shift janitor and a Giant Pacific Octopus, you must put it on your reading list! 

I will try this book.  I am still in awe of the species octopus from My Octopus Teacher on Netflix.  Please look for this fantastic documentary.

You are the second person to tell me that today! I will definitely check that out. Thank you! 🐙

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1950aeiou said:

Just started following you and some "Live" threads. I am confused as to the "Live" part. You are almost a month out and are writing "Live" and now about past cruises? At what point is it" Live"? I thought that is when you were on the ship or the plane flying to the place where you get on the ship . I see you have a badge and 5 points. What do you use the points for?

I set up the post before we left on the Sapphire as I knew we had lots on our plate for the 10 days in between sailings. I have been posting LIVE since we embarked the Ruby yesterday. With regards to the badge, I believe that's awarded with each LIVE thread you set up. I don't know what the points mean. I'm new to this, perhaps someone else can answer.

1 minute ago, 1950aeiou said:

Thank you . I appreciate your input. . I joined Cruise critic this week because some friends encouraged me to share my photos and cruises here . They both tried to start live threads one about a week from the cruise and it was removed . The other one started about a month before the cruise and when someone complained that it was too early or that they didn't like the photos that they posted , it was removed . I would like to try to be able to write a Live review without it being removed .

Thank you for your help and enjoy your cruise .

Oh, no! I've never heard of that happening. 😳 I'm sorry that was their experience. It seems to be a friendly platform and I'll keep posting. Go for it. Tag me on your next LIVE and I'll follow. 😊

@theliterateleprechaunthere is much consternation in various quarters about some language about the packages that people have noticed in the last day or so.

Since your next leg is out of San Francisco would you mind checking on this and reporting back?

People want to know (me, I'm people) if we really are going to have to pay for drinks while the ship is in San Francisco. 

Screenshot_20240927_145254_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aaf94731364c5ee2977073e8b57658a9.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theliterateleprechaun said:

... With regards to the badge, I believe that's awarded with each LIVE thread you set up. I don't know what the points mean. I'm new to this, perhaps someone else can answer.

From the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum, click here: FAQ: Badges!

• Thanks 1

As of 5pm tonight, Ruby Princess has BOTH stabilizers deployed!!!!! Whew. 

20240927_171134.thumb.jpg.b8dc47133ad97485096964325ffc5260.jpg

20240927_172603.thumb.jpg.0e1c81d0951a0e17c879bc9e077cd26e.jpg

Spicy! Poached egg was perfectly runny. I'd order this again. 

20240927_171138.thumb.jpg.b278403f72b59ebfae4c844e9d9f4642.jpg

When I order the curried noodles I always ask for the szechuan shrimp on top. This is often my most favorite meal of the cruise. Tonight the flavours were bold and this made me happy! 

20240927_175931.thumb.jpg.14855071b1e9d0e5f8fa52f4622adcf9.jpg

20240927_181427.thumb.jpg.3752a7a5be572d3443d7d4392e9da5c3.jpg

20240927_183018.thumb.jpg.c6fbd4f7e845e5e303e786491809f2d9.jpg

I loved the vanilla vegan ice cream so much last night and was happy to see it on the menu again tonight. 

One of my husband’s cousins enjoys gluten and dairy free meals and Alicia (restaurant manager) comes every night with the following night's menu and discusses how it can be altered to her needs. 

• Like 2