Applying for Yunyu Kakunin-sho. I am so confused

oldfashioncruiser

I need to apply for Yunyu Kakunin-sho.    I believe I found the correct site to apply but  There are 75 pages!   is it -  Application for import confirmation?     Most talk about a corporate account.     Where can I find an easy explanation of how to apply.   I am ready to scream.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

I don’t think this is the correct form.   I put in my personal information but the second page is asking for an address to send it to.    import confirmation sounds like I want to send meds in.  I just want to bring in my meds and medical machines.

Posted (edited)

This has been discussed a few times, you may wish to do a Search on here.  There are forms at the Japanese Embassy to the US site.  It really isn’t that difficult,   Just takes a bit of time. Good luck 

Edited by bennybear

I sent an email to yakkan@mhlw.go.jp as I didn't know if my medications would be acceptable to bring in in the quantity and dosage I take. They are on the prohibited list.  This is a Govt email address

this is the email reply I received back:

For Those Who Sent an Inquiry Email About Bringing Medication:

-     We answer ONLY in case your medications NEED TO BE CERTIFIED by Kanto Shinetsu Regional Bureau in bringing. Our reply should be made within 3-4 working days.

-     NO PAPERWORK NOR CERTIFICATE is necessary for bringing up to 30-day supply of medication except for several types of injections, narcotics, illegal stimulants and so on into Japan. (ONE set of a CPAP machine MAY be brought as far as you use it for your personal use ONLY without this certificate in entering Japan. Please carry the doctors letter or prescription for the CPAP just in case in immigration.)

-     So, please CLARIFY YOUR AMOUNT (i.e., a period of supply; like 20 days) of your medication and the arrival airport in the inquiry email and resubmit if you have not described these 2 points (the amount and the arrival airport) in your inquiry email. (If the arrival airport is Kansai, Chubu, Fukuoka or Naha Airport, Kinki Regional Bureau is in charge. Please contact kiyakuji@mhlw.go.jp)

-     Namely, We DONT ANSWER to your inquiry when YOU NEED NOT TO OBTAIN the CERTIFICATE for your medication.

Here is link that should help.  My husband needed to apply for one for his medication.  You will have to take a photo of the medication and attach to your request.  It took about 3-4 days and we received the certificate which you will show upon arrival.

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/policy/health-medical/pharmaceuticals/dl/qa2.pdf

18 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Thank you AK Jonesy.    The word importing is what confuses me.  

In your case it means bringing in.  Medication can be imported in but it sounds like you are bringing the medication with you for PERSONAL use.