New NCL app roll out.

Seems to be unfinished, or somebody decided existing features should be removed.

After an initial look:

1. Latitudes points total now missing.  Just the (correct) level shown.

2. Latitudes number only visisble within the "guest details" for a cruise. There, the level is always shown as "first timer" - clearly a bug.

3. Cruise next vouchers no longer listed.  Like the old app, discount vouchers not shown, have to use the website to see them.

4. The list of cruises in "my vacations" only show ship and date, not where the ship is going (the name of the cruise).

Navigation to future cruises other than the next one isn't too clear, took a while to find.

Like the website and the old app, only up to 24 future bookings are listed, the rest of omitted, but I realise that not many people have that problem. 🙂

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Seems to be unfinished, or somebody decided existing features should be removed

It sure looks like a work in progress! Navigation is not as straightforward as it could be, and sometimes a little "backwards" compared to "Android standard". 

I do miss seeing my Latitude number and points total right away. No big deal though.

I do however like that the reservation number is easily visible! 

I was hoping for an option to cancel things. Maybe it will come in time.

Edited by Asawi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, hernando52 said:

Loyalty Status has us both listed as "First Timers"........not even close

Click on the 3 lines next to the shopping cart (upper right)

Edited by dolls123

9 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Like the website and the old app, only up to 24 future bookings are listed, the rest of omitted, but I realise that not many people have that problem. 🙂

Would you please check that count?  I've recently encountered a max of 23 and believe me I counted and re-counted several times.  

I kind of like the new ap. It looks like they have the status info fixed. It does seem a bit clunky and seems to revert to the web pages or the old ap.

I could not see the payment status, but I bet it is because I use a TA, who is great with sending me that info.

Thanks for the heads up. Exploring it now. To my surprise, it IS letting me reserve the complimentary main dining rooms like Grand Pacific and Magenta, which I thought they had stopped allowing us to do according to other recent posts (and I wasn't able to reserve them online when I COULD reserve the specialty dining).

Only one major problem I see with the app on my phone so far. I have a 14 day cruise - and when I am selecting dates, I can't scroll all the way down to the last couple days. I am waiting for my iPad to charge to see if I can do it on the iPad. So - can't reserve dining right now for days 12/13.

5 hours ago, cheersforbeers said:

Has anyone tried to check in for a cruise on the new app.  I just tried and it didn’t give me the 21 day notice? 

Mine gives me an "Online Chek In Available Soon" message and also gives a date in which the feature will be available which is nice. Old app just gave me a "21 days before" message instead of an actual date. 

22 minutes ago, JSar said:

Mine gives me an "Online Chek In Available Soon" message and also gives a date in which the feature will be available which is nice. Old app just gave me a "21 days before" message instead of an actual date. 

Mine does that too, I noticed. I like the actual date much better. Now if I could get an actual date for booking entertainment instead of counting backwards on the calender 26 days.

Posted (edited)

On my iPad today I downloaded the new App and was able to check us into our Nov 21, 2024 Pearl cruise. However, when my DW went to the new app on her IPad after I checked us both in, her App said she could checkin starting Oct 31, even though I had already just checked us both in. It also provided the same status on the new App on her iPhone. Funny thing is on my iPad looking through the old App, it still says I can checkin starting at 21 days and be completed 3 days before sailing.

It will be interesting to see how our “checked in” status evolves across the new and old Apps on our respective devices as time goes on. 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JSar said:

Thanks for the heads up. Exploring it now. To my surprise, it IS letting me reserve the complimentary main dining rooms like Grand Pacific and Magenta, which I thought they had stopped allowing us to do according to other recent posts (and I wasn't able to reserve them online when I COULD reserve the specialty dining).

Only one major problem I see with the app on my phone so far. I have a 14 day cruise - and when I am selecting dates, I can't scroll all the way down to the last couple days. I am waiting for my iPad to charge to see if I can do it on the iPad. So - can't reserve dining right now for days 12/13.

So to add to this - on my iPad - the app shows very small compared to my screen size and I can actually only see LESS dates when I am trying to reserve dinner reservations than I could on my iPhone 14ProMax... go figure. So frustrating I can't do any reservations for the last couple days. Online - it only gives me the option of reserving tables for 6 or 8 instead of just reserving for the 3 of us... and when I tried before, it wouldn't actually finish the reservation. 

BUT - when I got my reservation confirmation - even though I put "THREE" for the number of participants at dinner - it confirmed reservations for a table for 6. Forgive me if I am wrong - but didn't the Grand Pacific dining room have tables that seated only 4 people on the Gem? I don't recall ever sitting at a table for 6!

Edited by JSar

2 minutes ago, JSar said:

So to add to this - on my iPad - the app shows very small compared to my screen size and I can actually only see LESS dates when I am trying to reserve dinner reservations than I could on my iPhone 14ProMax... go figure. So frustrating I can't do any reservations for the last couple days. Online - it only gives me the option of reserving tables for 6 or 8 instead of just reserving for the 3 of us... and when I tried before, it wouldn't actually finish the reservation. 

The App should enlarge a little if you tap on the “arrows” icon in the bottom righthand corner of the iPad screen.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:52 AM, shof515 said:

on my phone the google play store only has the legacy app, there is no new app 

You have to type in Norwegian rather than NCL for it to show up. It also good be because it’s rolling out ship by ship 

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The App should enlarge a little if you tap on the “arrows” icon in the bottom righthand corner of the iPad screen.

It does - but I still can't scroll past day 7 on my iPad or day 11 I think on my iPhone

9 hours ago, cheersforbeers said:

Has anyone tried to check in for a cruise on the new app.  I just tried and it didn’t give me the 21 day notice? 

Huh - so earlier it only said it was too soon and told me the date I could check in. This time, it let me check all of us in (but didn't do the photo yet). I think it gave me ALL the screens except the one to select check in time. We shall see if the app remembers the data I already entered when it is actually time to check in!

I did notice the app didn't give me an option to simply upload a photo - only to take a photo. 

2 minutes ago, JSar said:

It does - but I still can't scroll past day 7 on my iPad or day 11 I think on my iPhone

I know on our Nov 2024 B2B, which was “booked” under one booking number, the new App is only allowing us to see the first 9-day leg rather than the entire 23-day B2B cruise. Your booking isn’t by chance a B2B is it?

Also, as far as dining goes, I believe, as you suggested, you can now only reserve tables for 6 or 8 in the MDR. I did notice the new App gives the illusion you can still book tables for 1, 2, 3, or 4, as it did for us. But when we tried to view our 2-top reservation requests in the Cart, the App took forever to display its contents.

However, when we subsequently logged on to my account’s web interface, the 2-top reservations were in the cart. But when we tried to “purchase” them, they were rejected because they weren’t 6 or 8 person reservations. Don’t know if this helps or not, but this is what we experienced today.

37 minutes ago, kylelin416 said:

You have to type in Norwegian rather than NCL for it to show up. It also good be because it’s rolling out ship by ship 

What is it exactly that is rolling out ship by ship? Just things like Deck plans or what? Will it be the same app but customize each trip depending on the ship? Or individual apps per ship? (That wouldn't make sense - but you never know) Just trying to figure out what exactly they haven't rolled out yet! Travelling on the GEM which rollsout about 2 weeks before my trip in December and then the Escape - but not doing that one until 3/26. Anyhow - it seems all the important stuff is working for both my trips. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I know on our Nov 2024 B2B, which was “booked” under one booking number, the new App is only allowing us to see the first 9-day leg rather than the entire 23-day B2B cruise. Your booking isn’t by chance a B2B is it?

Also, as far as dining goes, I believe, as you suggested, you can now only reserve tables for 6 or 8 in the MDR. I did notice the new App gives the illusion you can still book tables for 1, 2, 3, or 4, as it did for us. But when we tried to view our 2-top reservation requests in the Cart, the App took forever to display its contents.

However, when we subsequently logged on to my account’s web interface, the 2-top reservations were in the cart. But when we tried to “purchase” them, they were rejected because they weren’t 6 or 8 person reservations. Don’t know if this helps or not, but this is what we experienced today.

No - it is a regular 14 day cruise, roundtrip - but not a B2B. Basically - it allows me to scroll, but at some point - the app thinks it has reached the end of the page so to speak and I can't scroll past the "end of the page" - of that makes sense. So far - I have only had this issue with dining reservations. All my other reservations are completed. 

Right now - the APP allows me to book 3 person reservations, but the reservation confirmation email shows them as a tables for 6 in the Grand Pacific dining room - as if there are no longer any 4 person tables in the Grand Pacific dining room. Perhaps I am wrong - but I could swear last time we sailed on the Gem just over a year ago we DID sit at 4 person tables. I remember clearly walking to the back of the room passing all the 6/8 person tables. Either way - I have finally made all of my reservations for dinner that I wanted - I just went back to the website to make 6 person reservations for the Grand Pacific for the days I couldn't add in the app due to scrolling. Since reserving for 3 people shows as a table for 6 - it doesn't seem to matter. 

But yeah - up until now - the reservations for 6 had been getting rejected online. I "think" they worked this time. At least - they appeared to go through finally. I will see once I get an updated dinner reservation confirmation email. 

Edited by JSar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is an improvement in my opinion. Price before and after discount should lead to less misunderstandings. 

Although I see that they still don't play nice with €. Amounts in screenshot are the € amounts, not $. I consider the app some sort of Alpha/Beta version with quite a few bugs to fix 

Screenshot_2024-08-31-23-52-33-662_com.nclh.ncl_mobile.jpg

Edited by Asawi

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Asawi said:

This is an improvement in my opinion. Price before and after discount should lead to less misunderstandings. 

Screenshot_2024-08-31-23-52-33-662_com.nclh.ncl_mobile.jpg

Yeah - this photo is confusing as if it shows just the discounted price without clarifying who gets the discounted price - but when I looked in my app - it gave the price for each individual which was great. 

Edited by JSar
Correction based on my app looked different than this photo

6 minutes ago, JSar said:

. I think it would make more sense to list all three prices and state "1st passenger free at sea price" (or something similar) next to the discounted price. 

I agree! But I still think this is an improvement. The fact that the app had shown the discounted price and the website the full price has been very confusing for many newcomers.

Just now, Asawi said:

I agree! But I still think this is an improvement. The fact that the app had shown the discounted price and the website the full price has been very confusing for many newcomers.

Sorry - you just replied as I was making a correction to my reply to you. In my app - when I select to purchase - it DOES give the price for each individual! Not sure why your app looks different? Are you travelling solo? It gave my name and each of my adult kids name, and it had the specific price for each individual listed when I went to select. Only the full price showed before trying to select individuals to purchase the shore excursions for.