Closing in on 30 days until our sailing on Nieuw Statendam

We are ticking away at time and getting excited !    Anyone on Statendam recently able to tell me what recent release movies are being played on the Lido big screen or in cabin ?    Also, we wanted to reserve the hydrotherapy pass on the 2 sea days only.   Will we need to head to the spa after embarkation for this or does the spa set up a res area somewhere up on Lido ?     What about cabana rental on sea days ?   Where do I need to go for this reservation ?

Thanks !!

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, I hope you won't be disappointed and find that getting the thermal suite pass just for sea days is not possible.  On some cruises they sell enough cruise-long passes that they only end up selling the one day passes for port days.  I hope you'll be lucky.  And yes, you have to go to the spa - which is on the Lido deck, forward.  Also very unlikely that you will be able to rent a cabana for particular days - they usually sell out for the entire cruise - but your best bet for that (actually the ONLY way, unless you want to buy the cabana for the whole cruise, which. you can do in advance if they are not sold out) is to board EARLY, go directly to guest services, and see what is available, if anything.  Your best strategy is to call the day before embarkation and find out if the cabanas are sold out. They will tell you, but you'll still have to book any available days at guest services on board.  If you find out there IS availability, make that your FIRST stop.  THEN go to the spa and ask about the thermal suite passes.  If when you call you find out there are no cabanas available anyway, you can skip guest services and go straight to the spa and see if they will sell you the sea day passes.  I'm crossing my fingers for you, but it's a long shot.

I was on NS a couple of months ago and I don't remember movies on the Lido, but there probably were some. 🙂  In your room the on-demand system has literally hundreds of movies - many very new.  Whatever they show at the lido pool is also available on demand in your cabin.

Edited by Moriah
  • Like 2

Thank you Moriah !!   This cruise is very port intensive (14 days and 12 ports) so I was thinking no one would invest in a full 2 week spa pass and full 2 week cabana pass. My rationale may be totally wrong.    But who knows, some people like to stay on the ship and enjoy the peace while everyone else is onshore.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Rex

1 hour ago, RClark6369@aol.com said:

Thank you Moriah !!   This cruise is very port intensive (14 days and 12 ports) so I was thinking no one would invest in a full 2 week spa pass and full 2 week cabana pass. My rationale may be totally wrong.    But who knows, some people like to stay on the ship and enjoy the peace while everyone else is onshore.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Rex

The problem is the sea days will be EXTREMELY popular in the cabanas.

1 hour ago, RClark6369@aol.com said:

But, how can I try to book before the sailing ?   Is there a way to do that ?    Shipboard services ?

You can only book cabanas in advance for the entire cruise if you call Ships Services.  Once on board,  you book single days, or the entire cruise. If available. 

But do call Ships Services the day before you embark and find out what is still available. They can even tell you exactly which cabanas are available on which days. That way when you board early and go directly to guest services you can hopefully grab what you want for the days you want.  Good luck!  Let us know if you were lucky!

12 hours ago, Moriah said:

But do call Ships Services the day before you embark and find out what is still available. They can even tell you exactly which cabanas are available on which days. That way when you board early and go directly to guest services you can hopefully grab what you want for the days you want.  Good luck!  Let us know if you were lucky!

Remember Ships Services works Monday - Friday. I forget the exact hours.

Sue/WDW1972

Ok,  will do wdw.   Thank you.     Other than the space, does anything extra come with the cabana ?    Does every cabana get a butler for lunch and drinks or ... no ?   Is there a reference to the cabana benefits and features published somewhere ?

Thanks

Rex

29 minutes ago, RClark6369@aol.com said:

Thank you Stpatsirish !!

I have a Westie also,   her name is Abbie ..

Rex

Unfortunately we lost both of ours during Covid. They were both over 10 years old but a sad time for us. They were named Higgins and Hannah.

Awe,  I am so sorry to hear that !   My Abbie is a senior also, she just turned 13 in August and arthritis is slowly affecting her,  but she is still very spry for a 13 yo Westie.

Hi,  POA1   will do and that you for the heads up on that.

If I am unlucky with the Spa days, does anyone know the available times for the jetted spas on the Lido for Europe sailings ?  Do the times vary for ship and sailing ?  I am not sure.   That will be my backup to the Spa.  

Thanks

rex

• Like 1