Best Beach in Barbados

staciarn

There will be 6 of us on cruise stop in Barbados in October.  Looking for the best beach that includes the following:  Clear water for snorkeling, some shaded spots or availability to rent umbrella & loungers, easily walkable beach.  Can I get some suggestions for where is a good beach to snorkel & possibly see turtles.  We are in 50's with no children.  Do we need to take a Taxi & if so, any idea of cost?  Any idea of cost for loungers/umbrella.  I have read reviews of Boatyard which seems hit or miss.  We do not want huge waves & will not be doing jet skis.  Looking for a budget friendly option for good beach as we are going to 5 other Caribbean islands on this cruise & can't do excursions on all of them.  Probably need a bathroom close & access to food/drink ( not huge drinkers).  I have been looking at review for Carlisle, Miami, Brownes, Accra, & pebbles.  Also is taking a stroll along the Richard Haynes boardwalk worth the time/travel to get there?  Thanks for any suggestions.  

On 8/31/2024 at 12:38 AM, staciarn said:

There will be 6 of us on cruise stop in Barbados in October.  Looking for the best beach that includes the following:  Clear water for snorkeling, some shaded spots or availability to rent umbrella & loungers, easily walkable beach.  Can I get some suggestions for where is a good beach to snorkel & possibly see turtles.  We are in 50's with no children.  Do we need to take a Taxi & if so, any idea of cost?  Any idea of cost for loungers/umbrella.  I have read reviews of Boatyard which seems hit or miss.  We do not want huge waves & will not be doing jet skis.  Looking for a budget friendly option for good beach as we are going to 5 other Caribbean islands on this cruise & can't do excursions on all of them.  Probably need a bathroom close & access to food/drink ( not huge drinkers).  I have been looking at review for Carlisle, Miami, Brownes, Accra, & pebbles.  Also is taking a stroll along the Richard Haynes boardwalk worth the time/travel to get there?  Thanks for any suggestions.  

The best snorkelling is where the ship tours go… Opposite the Lone Star Restaurant.

There is an excellent local restaurant/grill and bar next door.. JuJu where you can rent beds and umbrella (about $30 per set), also a bathroom.  There are no jet skis or other motorised toys.

A cab will be about $40 each way plus tip….

Turtles are definitely hit/miss as they swim up/down the coast and out to sea, at their whim, and not understand they had to be where one is.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WisCruiser2 said:

@PORT ROYAL, which beach is that?

Alleynes Bay - Taxi driver will either drop one off on the main road, adjacent to the Lone Star or Juju’s just walk down the steps.  Some will drive down the slope to the beach.

Either restaurant will call a known, and reliable, cab when ready to depart.

Allow 30 minutes there and comfortable 40 minutes back to ship.

The food at Juju’s is very good, as they have a substantial investor, the Royal Westmoreland.  So standards are kept high, for their guests, and thereby also visitors.

If wishing to take lunch at Lone Star, do book early as very popular.

• Thanks 1