Mail posted on QM2

vieux_carre

I posted several international letters aboard the QM2 on an early July crossing from New York to Southampton with correct, current, bar coded £2.50 stamps by dropping them in the red postbox on Deck 2.  So far, none have arrived.  Any thoughts?  Who should I contact?  By now, the ship has called on Southampton several times, so there’s been ample opportunity for pick up.

• Like 1

My mailing from a NYC bound TA never arrived to the recipient too. But there was a big arrival delay due to a medical emergency and not sure if that affected that mailing. I posted it via the Purser’s Desk. Didn’t bother to follow up. 

9 hours ago, vieux_carre said:

I posted several international letters aboard the QM2 on an early July crossing from New York to Southampton with correct, current, bar coded £2.50 stamps by dropping them in the red postbox on Deck 2.  So far, none have arrived.  Any thoughts?  Who should I contact?  By now, the ship has called on Southampton several times, so there’s been ample opportunity for pick up.

I would and always drop any mail off at the Pursers Office after purchasing postage from them. They have told us in the past that the pouch goes off the ship from the Pursers Office.

We always thought the Mail Box outside of the Pub for Ornamental Photo Op's.

Don't know if there is a sign on it telling to deposit mail to be mailed from ship. Don't think there is any notes in the Daily Programme stating the usage of the Mail Box. 

We were on the eastbound crossing that arrived in Southampton yesterday. On day 3 of the crossing, we visited the red mailbox and read the notice posted on the front of it. I wish I had taken a photo of it but it stated that mail dropped there would be posted in New York which is strange because the ship won't be in NY again until September 22. We are now on the British Isles part of the voyage so stopped by there this morning and the notice on the front is gone. We are going to wait and mail from a post office in port on Monday. I'm so sorry your mail didn't arrive.

We have paid Cunard a few times for the posting of cards. They would be stamped: "posted aboard RMS Queen Mary 2" or similar wording.  The cards always arrived to the recipients, but always took  a long time. Some of them on an e/b crossing were postmarked in Germany.

We have used the pillar box on board a couple of times. It said if you have stamps for the country where the ship was next calling you could deposit your mail up to a certain time. We used this (successfully) only when the next port was Halifax and we had Canadian stamps with us.