Star Princess April 2026

The schedule is missing for the Star Princess during April 2026. It’s in the Caribbean through March ‘26.  Then vanishes and reappears in Seattle in May.  That’s a great magic trick.  So what’s happening in April?  Panama Canal or the long route around South America?   

Yes, it's been discussed on a couple of threads.  Speculation seems to be that they will be announcing a Panama Canal cruise as there's too little time between cruises to go the long way around.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t think the ship will fit under one of the bridges across the Canal.  Plenty of time to make a run around the Cape.

My CvP is keeping her ears open for updates.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

I don’t think the ship will fit under one of the bridges across the Canal.  Plenty of time to make a run around the Cape.

My CvP is keeping her ears open for updates.

Actually they will fit.  The clearance of the Bridge of Americas is 201 feet.  Sphere class ships are 200 feet tall but that includes space below the waterline.  So they definitely can fit, it's just a matter of what they want to do.

As for plenty of time to make it, that may be true if they have little to no stops.  For example, getting from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles on the Sapphire takes 32 days with stops. I would doubt that Princess would run the ship empty to reposition it and there aren't many folks who would sign up for a 35 day cruise without any or minimal stops (would need to refuel and replenish supplies along the way at a minimum).

I suspect that the beancounters are doing the number crunching to figure out the most profitable way to get the ship from Fort Lauderdale on March 28th to Seattle on May 3rd.  We will find out soon enough - count me as someone interested in a Panama Canal cruise on the Star Princess!

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1