"Star" to indicate participated thread no longer appears

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

image.png.e18860253f2851374194b3519b0b68ec.png

This should be a blue star instead of circle.  

But some of them are there... image.png.cf933436b2e9ee13bd46f787a45955dd.png

The star indicates unread posts in a topic you have posted in not participation. If there is a circle then no new unread posts.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The star indicates unread posts in a topic you have posted in not participation. If there is a circle then no new unread posts.

Disagree.  New posts are indicated by a blue star and bolded Title.  If there's no new content, the star (if you've participated) is grey, there is no circle, and the title is "normal".

Examples:

Participated, no new posts...

image.png.0b8ed871f98234c6b3789ef76aff0d1c.png

image.png.a4cfad749bb5602e57bae8e6de7b1827.png

Participated, new posts:

image.png.1bd2ab26e86b5d66cfdf795517e91112.png

No participation, new posts:

image.png.c3cfcea5f5c553db0ef0c78ac53b67c2.png

No participation, no new posts:

image.png.6762152c805575c668b2ff1933dfbc94.png

Posted (edited)

If you have participated and there are new posts there will be a blue star. Blue Circle means new posts but have not participated. Grey circle means have read the thread, no new posts and not participated. Grey star, participated and no new posts.

Edited by Charles4515

8 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

image.png.e18860253f2851374194b3519b0b68ec.png

This should be a blue star instead of circle.  

But some of them are there... image.png.cf933436b2e9ee13bd46f787a45955dd.png

@S.A.M.J.R.

Perhaps you need to review your Followed threads and make sure each has been set the way you want them. 

Click on your user name at the top right and choose Manage Followed Content from the drop down menu or just click this link if logged in: Manage Followed Content 

You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic, you can select change preference and make your choice OR you can completely unfollow the topic. (That's how I remove notifications in one place for old threads where I no longer have interest.) 
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once.

If you want to change settings for the default method of how you follow NEW content (mentions of your user name (as I did above), posts, replies, quoted posts, etc.) in the future:

• Click the Notification Icon (Bell) at the top right next to your user name
  • A small pop up will appear and click Notification Settings in the upper right corner or just click this link if logged in: Notification Settings
  • Select how you want to be notified for each type of event
  • There are many options, so make sure you scroll down the entire page to see all options available to choose how to be notified, if you would like to be notified at all.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all mine set to Notification List. I come to the board's main page & just click the Notification Icon (Bell) to get a list for all of mine. A small pop-up clickable list of my Notifications will appear. I scroll to the bottom of the small pop-up box & click View all notifications. I then have a full-page clickable list on my laptop to work from. I keep the page open as I work the boards using other open pages. That way, I can just refresh the page to see if there are any new notifications since the last time I checked. Now that's how I work my notifications just so I do not have to mess with a boat load of emails regarding the boards! 🙂

Also, please feel free to send an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Perhaps CC Help Michell can help you further. Be sure to send the email from your current Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your user name. This is so your Cruise Critic account can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address is not correct or valid & needs updating before you send your email, click here: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 9/1/2024 at 7:43 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I appreciate the thought @Host Kat, but I only follow few threads, and the ones I've posted (including those with stars) are not followed.  

@S.A.M.J.R.

Well then, contacting CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator and Administrator, at help@cruisecritic.com will be best. She knows waaaay more about our Invision Community software than I do.