Carnival.com Issue

vesw01

I booked through Carnival and now when I pull up our reservation this is what it says. It won't let me book excursions or look at different cabin options.

1041 : Agency has not registered. You will be allowed to proceed and check availability and rates but you will not be able to hold a cabin or book.

Yes I am logged in. Funpass completed. This message comes up as soon as I log in and when I do anything other than look at the IT. If hit upgrade stateroom this comes up. I don't know why we booked through PVP

1041 : Agency has not registered. You will be allowed to proceed and check availability and rates but you will not be able to hold a cabin or book.

This same message happened to me, after I put in my profile that AAA was my Travel Agent. The office address, etc that were entered brough back the message that the agency was not registered -- and everytime I checked some (not all areas) of my reservation, I got that message. I was able to book excusions on-line, however. You'll see if you have some agency other than your PVP at the top middle of the screen if you did put an agent/agency in at one time.

I see the same error code (also booked through PVP) but am able to SEE rates for upgrading cabins and book shore excursions. It did tell me that I wouldn't be able to make any changes to my reservation online.

I get the 'agency not file' for almost everything I look at. I can look, but cannot touch (does a zoo come to mind?). I've gotten used to it, and really would rather speak with a person anyway. This way I have a name and number, and know that I can get an e-mail confirmation in a very timely manner.

i also get agency not file when i try to search for my cruise to see if pcices have dropped never did it before until the last few days. now i cant see if price droped

Try "Find a Cruise" and look up your cruise this way. Then when it asks for you to log online, log on normally and you should be able to check to see if prices have changed. If you log on thru my reservation or profile, and then look up the cruises, it gives you that agency not on file error. KY

I received this error when trying to make my final payment. I called my PVP and he said that since I used a PVP, I had to make the payment(s) through him. It wasn't a problem, I just used him instead.

That being said, I WAS able to book excursions, though.

As far as trying to check to see if the cruise price had gone down: We kind of sneaked around this little block. We just used a different computer, created another account and pretended to be 'browsing' for cruises. In that way, we were able to objectively determine that the cruise price had not gone down. (That way it wasn't using the stored cookies or cache to 'recognize' me.)

If you've used a PVP or TA, they would know that from your booking number - when you had entered that. All future financial transactions would probably need to go through that person. If I was to guess, I'd guess that it's so carnival.com isn't 'stealing' passengers from travel agents.

If I was to guess, I'd guess that it's so carnival.com isn't 'stealing' passengers from travel agents.

As far as I know, Carnival employees can't even access your reservation/booking if you book through a TA, they can also tell that from your booking number.

I don't think it's all that devious...I think the system just has glitches and bugs, LOL.

I understand that everyone wants their $ but for gosh sake, I should be able to make a payment online and not try to call my PVP. They already have my booking, who the heck cares how I pay the balance as long as its paid. And another thing LOL, you would think that it would be to Carnivals advantage to let me book through my computer that way it frees their PVP's to book new passengers :rolleyes:

I tried to make a payment online and got the error message. I called and asked about it, and they told me you can't make payments online anymore unless you made your original reservation online. I asked if that would be corrected anytime soon, and they said they didn't know. Some people have said (and I think it's true), you will get a different answer every time you call. But it seems like it wouldn't be that big of a deal for them get it fixed to let anyone make a payment online :mad: That being said, they are always good about e-mailing me a receipt right away when I make a payment over the phone.

If you booked using a PVP:

• You need to call your PVP for ALL/ANY changes. period.
  • If you are making a payment, call your PVP. they will be happy to speak with you (and take your payment! LOL)
  • Your PVP's job is more than just making your booking. He/She is there to build and maintain a relationship with the guest (you). Therefore, you are not taking up their time from making new bookings.
  • If you want to check if the price dropped, simply call your PVP, they will be happy to check the price for you, and instantly give you the new lower price, or if you choose, they can apply the money you would be getting back to get you a higher category if that is possible.
  • PVP's can AND will check to see if you are currently holding a booking, even if you call from a different number. So dont waste their time with "games"..... just call them and ask if the price dropped.
  • PVP's can see if you booked direct (online, through a PVP or 1800carnival) OR if you used a TA. But no changes can be made or questions regarding the booking if you used a TA. Only general questions can be answered by a PVP.
  • Even if you dont give the PVP your booking number, they can look you up several ways

Those were my .02!:p

I was not able to make any payments online and I had to call my PVP to make those payments. Not a big deal, just a little annoying since I should be able to make those payments online. When I asked my PVP about, she said that sine I had booked with the PVP, the PVP had to take my payment. It didn't even have to be her specifically, anyone who answered the phone could take payment for me and post it to my booking, but I couldn't do this myself online. Oh well ... at least it's done and paid for and I'll be cruising in 38 days! :)

Undrhil

If you booked using a PVP:

• You need to call your PVP for ALL/ANY changes. period.
  • If you are making a payment, call your PVP. they will be happy to speak with you (and take your payment! LOL)
  • Your PVP's job is more than just making your booking. He/She is there to build and maintain a relationship with the guest (you). Therefore, you are not taking up their time from making new bookings.
  • If you want to check if the price dropped, simply call your PVP, they will be happy to check the price for you, and instantly give you the new lower price, or if you choose, they can apply the money you would be getting back to get you a higher category if that is possible.
  • PVP's can AND will check to see if you are currently holding a booking, even if you call from a different number. So dont waste their time with "games"..... just call them and ask if the price dropped.
  • PVP's can see if you booked direct (online, through a PVP or 1800carnival) OR if you used a TA. But no changes can be made or questions regarding the booking if you used a TA. Only general questions can be answered by a PVP.
  • Even if you dont give the PVP your booking number, they can look you up several ways

Those were my .02!:p

Just curious, how do you know all this? Please don't take offense to my inquiry, (not challenging you), I'm just wondering.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, here it is May 3rd and I am trying to make a payment online and get the agency not registered message- I called and the story I got was that there is a problem with the link for making payments but now that I found this thread it must always be broken- it's just easier to make them online rather than on the phone-wonder if it will ever be fixed??:confused:

I'm sure glad to see this post. I thought I was just ignorant or something when I kept getting that error and I make a living as an IT administrator!

I'm booked through a TA but added my booking # and my cruise info shows up. But if I try to book something new, I get the error.

That's a huge (and quite stupid) glitch for them to have. If people can't book a cruise on the website, they can flip over to Royal Caribbean and do it in a heartbeat.

I'm glad to know everyone else gets the error but sorry to hear it's a known problem that could potentially be a real money loser for CCL.

Archived