Vancouver via Sea Tac

tjcletzgo

1 minute ago, tjcletzgo said:

I’m flying to Vancouver BC and changing planes in Seattle. I guess I go thru Customs there. Can anyone tell me what I do? I’m clueless🤔

Thanks so much🛳️

Where are you flying from?

Seattle is in the US, if you are flying from the US, you'll have customs in Canada.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Seattle is in the US, if you are flying from the US, you'll have customs in Canada.

And if you're flying from outside the US, you will need to claim your bags, go through US immigration and customs, and re-check your bags at SEA, then claim your bags and go through Canadian immigration and customs at YVR.

On the return, you will go through US preclearance at YVR.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Like 1

Flying from SoCal - Seattle is just like any other National flight with-in the US. Nothing to do except choose your seats and got thru security.  Once you get onto Vancouver ( from Seattle), there will be signs telling you the way for Customs ( they will ask the usual questions..why are you coming, how long are you staying, where are you staying).  Just tell customs you are going on a cruise.  Just be aware, if you , or any in your group has been arrested for ANYTHING

( even a long ago DUI), you may not be able to get into Canada.  Maybe that has changed, but not the last I have heard.  Travel Insurance may be a good purchase, just incase that happens.

Just now, 9tee2Sea said:

if you , or any in your group has been arrested for ANYTHING ( even a long ago DUI), you may not be able to get into Canada.

Yes, unlike the US, we take drunk driving seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Flying from SoCal - Seattle is just like any other National flight with-in the US. Nothing to do except choose your seats and got thru security.  Once you get onto Vancouver ( from Seattle), there will be signs telling you the way for Customs ( they will ask the usual questions..why are you coming, how long are you staying, where are you staying).  Just tell customs you are going on a cruise.  Just be aware, if you , or any in your group has been arrested for ANYTHING

( even a long ago DUI), you may not be able to get into Canada.  Maybe that has changed, but not the last I have heard.  Travel Insurance may be a good purchase, just incase that happens.

I had a DUI in 1977. I have traveled between the US and Canada many many times   Scan passport and answer some questions when you get to Canada   A few people may have their luggage searched on a random basis