Review of 3 private transportation companies in Civitavecchia and Rome

babyclaytonmom

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

babyclaytonmom was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Returned yesterday from Rome and wanted to leave this review for others. We ended our cruise in Civitavecchia and then stayed in Rome for 3 more days afterwards. Traveled with my husband and other family members. I'll start with the positive. We used Cab Roma for a taxi from our hotel to FCO and they were on time and very professional. Was worried after the experience below that I would regret booking this transportation as well but that wasnt the case...

We booked transportation from the port to our hotel through Shared Shuttle and they left us. We were out there waiting at 7:05 a.m. for our 7:15 pickup. We called on Whats App at 7:15 and no answer repeatedly. Sent an email a few minutes later to get a response at 7:25 that they had just left and didnt see us. No one was there with a sign with our names as stated. Ironically family members booked a later pick up for them at 8:30 with the Limo Shuttle and the exact same thing happened to them. No response via Whats App and then no response via email. They received an email later that morning with a "sorry that sometimes happens that we leave when the shuttle is full". We ended up paying 2x more for a different shuttle company that luckily had room for us but charged so much more. We wasted almost an hour standing there asking the different shuttles if they had room. I guess the moral is to have a backup plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2024 at 4:14 PM, babyclaytonmom said:

Returned yesterday from Rome and wanted to leave this review for others. We ended our cruise in Civitavecchia and then stayed in Rome for 3 more days afterwards. Traveled with my husband and other family members. I'll start with the positive. We used Cab Roma for a taxi from our hotel to FCO and they were on time and very professional. Was worried after the experience below that I would regret booking this transportation as well but that wasnt the case...

We booked transportation from the port to our hotel through Shared Shuttle and they left us. We were out there waiting at 7:05 a.m. for our 7:15 pickup. We called on Whats App at 7:15 and no answer repeatedly. Sent an email a few minutes later to get a response at 7:25 that they had just left and didnt see us. No one was there with a sign with our names as stated. Ironically family members booked a later pick up for them at 8:30 with the Limo Shuttle and the exact same thing happened to them. No response via Whats App and then no response via email. They received an email later that morning with a "sorry that sometimes happens that we leave when the shuttle is full". We ended up paying 2x more for a different shuttle company that luckily had room for us but charged so much more. We wasted almost an hour standing there asking the different shuttles if they had room. I guess the moral is to have a backup plan.

Did you have to email cabroma or did you fill out the form online?  When I tried online it would not work.  Can you tell me how long it takes to get from Rome to the airport?  We are staying at Albergo de Senato near the Panteon.

2 hours ago, SharonK said:

Did you have to email cabroma or did you fill out the form online?  When I tried online it would not work.  Can you tell me how long it takes to get from Rome to the airport?  We are staying at Albergo de Senato near the Panteon.

It can take between 30 and 60 minutes depending on time of day and traffic. You tell the transfer company the time of your flight and they will suggest the best pick up time.  Try Stefano's Rome Cabs. Fill out the form online and they will answer in less than a day.

romecabs.com 

Edited by marazul

6 minutes ago, marazul said:

It can take between 30 and 60 minutes depending on time of day and traffic. You tell the transfer company the time of your flight and they will suggest the best pick up time.  Try Stefano's Rome Cabs. Fill out the form online and they will answer in less than a day.

romecabs.com 

thank you for your response. I tried them but I've waited to late because they have no availability the day I need.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SharonK said:

info@cabroma.com was what I used to contact them after I had done the form. They confirmed quickly once I did the form. I emailed them a few days before the pickup to reconfirm and they quickly responded. We flew out of FCO and stayed in the Monti area. Our pickup was 7:00 a.m. on a Thurs. We were there by probably 7:45ish maybe sooner. A little traffic getting out of the city but then fast after that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2024 at 5:12 PM, SharonK said:

On 9/13/2024 at 7:29 PM, SharonK said:

thank you for your response. I tried them but I've waited to late because they have no availability the day I need.

I want to quickly respond to you because I've stayed at Albergo del Senato quite a few times. An amazing and helpful staff are at your disposal there. Also, there is an online form that you can use to have the hotel arrange transportation to FCO for you. I thought it was quite reasonable for the level of service which is a luxury sedan with an English speaking driver who is professional, on time, and very responsive to conversation, in my experience of the number of times we've gone to and fro FCO to Albergo del Senato.

9 hours ago, Member123 said:

I want to quickly respond to you because I've stayed at Albergo del Senato quite a few times. An amazing and helpful staff are at your disposal there. Also, there is an online form that you can use to have the hotel arrange transportation to FCO for you. I thought it was quite reasonable for the level of service which is a luxury sedan with an English speaking driver who is professional, on time, and very responsive to conversation, in my experience of the number of times we've gone to and fro FCO to Albergo del Senato.

Thank you so much for your response!

• 3 weeks later...

I have used both Rome Cabs and Shared Shuttle from my AirBnBs in Rome to the port when picking up multiple stops and both exceeded my expectations. I will check rates for both once I pay final payment and use whichever gives me the best deal.