What would you do?

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

That must be the explanation, although such a long time doesn't seem right. Any time HAL has cancelled a tour during a cruise, the refund has been fast. 

I agree; other than that time, refunds have been quick.

This is so concerning. My husband didn’t feel great during part of our land tour and we were told that he could cancel a rafting trip because we were over 24 hours from the trip departure. The people at the Westmark said they couldn’t help us, but to ask the staff on the McKinley Explorer for help with the cancellation.  One of the employees on the train put us in touch with the rafting company and they said they would issue a refund. When we got on the ship after the land tour, they weren’t able to help us follow up. So after the entire cruise ended, I started to call customer service and write them notes. It’s been over a month and we never received a refund. Lesson learned: there’s no coordination between the suppliers of the land excursions and the rest of the cruise personnel. 

10 hours ago, Lauren and John said:

This is so concerning. My husband didn’t feel great during part of our land tour and we were told that he could cancel a rafting trip because we were over 24 hours from the trip departure. The people at the Westmark said they couldn’t help us, but to ask the staff on the McKinley Explorer for help with the cancellation.  One of the employees on the train put us in touch with the rafting company and they said they would issue a refund. When we got on the ship after the land tour, they weren’t able to help us follow up. So after the entire cruise ended, I started to call customer service and write them notes. It’s been over a month and we never received a refund. Lesson learned: there’s no coordination between the suppliers of the land excursions and the rest of the cruise personnel. 

You must cancel through HAL.  I am sorry you were given bad advice 

42 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

You must cancel through HAL.  I am sorry you were given bad advice 

Hi. The Westmark HAL rep said that the McKinley Express staff were also HAL employees. We also discussed the situation with the Chalet staff. I guess it’s difficult to know if any of these people are dedicated HAL employees in the way that the people on the ship are.  For  me the lesson learned is to avoid making any changes with the land tour as it seems that one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing.