New Princess Premier WiFi

kes601

We are cruising with Princess for the first time next summer (first cruise for me).  When we booked we booked the "old" Princess Premier.  Today we upgraded to the "new" version for the $10/person/day, however I'm not sure if the person we chatted with did it correctly or not.  When I go into the app and find wifi it indicates we only have the 1 device plan.  If I click upgrade it wants to charge $140 (7 day cruise).  I can see on our line item invoice that it shows we should have the 4 device plan.  Is this something that should correct itself once on the ship?  Or should I call and try to get it fixed ahead of time? 

I'm also not seeing the reserved seating at theaters, still see 2 premium desserts per day (not that I would even eat more than 2 on the entire trip), and the fitness classes are still shown as 2 instead of unlimited.  I do see we have the unlimited specialty dinings now so I know the "new" premier was at least partially added correctly.

Thanks for any info.

27 minutes ago, kes601 said:

We are cruising with Princess for the first time next summer (first cruise for me).  When we booked we booked the "old" Princess Premier.  Today we upgraded to the "new" version for the $10/person/day, however I'm not sure if the person we chatted with did it correctly or not.  When I go into the app and find wifi it indicates we only have the 1 device plan.  If I click upgrade it wants to charge $140 (7 day cruise).  I can see on our line item invoice that it shows we should have the 4 device plan.  Is this something that should correct itself once on the ship?  Or should I call and try to get it fixed ahead of time? 

Give it a day or so for the booking to "catch up" with what you have booked.

You should have received an email confirmation of your upgrade. Take a look at that. The app almost always "lags" in showing changes to a booking.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

Wait another day and then download a copy of your Travel Summary from the Princess site. It should show everything correctly. If it doesn't then you have a problem. Most likely it will have the correct info. (The Travel Summary should actually show the updated info before the app even catches up.)

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Wait another day and then download a copy of your Travel Summary from the Princess site. It should show everything correctly. If it doesn't then you have a problem. Most likely it will have the correct info. (The Travel Summary should actually show the updated info before the app even catches up.)

I agree that the app doesn't always show all of the items included in your package, but the travel summary is usually accurate. 

On our February cruise, we had the plus package and the app didn't show the 2 free casual dinings, but the travel summary did.  Once we got on the ship, I went to guest services and they confirmed that the 2 casual dinings were included.  No charges for them were on our folio.

Thanks all.  The Travel Summary does show both the multi device wifi and the unlimited specialty dining and we can make $0 reservations for dining so I guess it was applied correctly.  I guess worst case I deal with it on the ship next summer.

• Like 2

Sorry for another reply.  I just compared the old travel summary to the new one.  This is what is missing from when we originally upgraded to Premier:

Fitness Classes Upgrade

Premier Photo Package

Premier Princess Prizes Play

Premium Dessert Upgrade

Reserved Theater Seating

So I have an update on this.  I chatted again today and it has gotten more comical.  The first person I talked to said everything would look normal by Sept 14. 

That didn't seem right to me so I chatted with another person.  This one went in and said he "fixed" it.

Well, our booking now finally shows Premier instead of Plus, however the app shows we have no wifi plan and would have to pay the full balance.  The website no longer shows gratuity is included either (at least when I click on that under payment it now has an option to pay).

So, I called to try to get everything fixed.  The guy assured me everything looks good and he sent me a copy of my reservation.  It has no line items for packages, but has a note denoting "By applying this promo, the Princess Premier package will be applied to guests 1 & 2 in the cabin only....."

It then goes on and lists everything that guests 1 and 2 in the cabin will receive and it is everything that I would expect to be a line item.

To top it off we somehow we now have a -$700 balance that will come back to our credit card.

I am so confused.....

Edited by kes601