Opinions or thoughts on what to do

DWH

I have spent about an hour reading threads on what to do in Cozumel, and just want to summarize or here thoughts on what I have read.

We are doing a 7 day cruise for our honeymoon and I am in charge of the honeymoon. We are leaving June 11th

Our first stop is Grand Caymen and we are going to go with Nativeway and do the reef stingray thing with them. Cozumel is our 2nd stop

From most of what I have read most people just go to beaches and hang out and or snorkel. There are a variety of beaches to go to

Paradise Beach - the most popoular but also most crowded?

Playa Azul

Play Mia

Chankanab - wrecked by hurricane might be back up

Besides that a few threads about deep sea fishing, but not sure about that just cause wife wont enjoy it as much as I will.

So what else is there to do, nothing really popular like the stingray thing in Caymens?

Should we just sleep in and stay on the boat? Do you have to take taxi's to all these beaches, is there shopping?

Thanks,

Dave

IS THERE SHOPPING???

Yes, there is!!! A whole lot of shopping. Your wife is going to really enjoy the shopping.

Bring a lot of money.:p

Also, if you like the water and want to see marine life up close, take a look at Eagle Ray Divers for a diving excursion. Even if you are not certified, they will take beginners. We've done that and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. (GOOGLE them - they've got a website)

Stay on the boat and sleep!? You jest I hope..!! You could miss the best destination on your cruise! ;o)

There are many many things to do in Cozumel... as already mentioned the shopping is excellent, but I'd strongly recommend you try to enjoy the beach and snorkeling which is Cozumel's natural highlight. You could take a snorkel tour for a few hours and then spend the rest of your time shopping, or you could spend the day on Paradise Beach and take their snorkel tour whilst there. If you don't like to snorkel than you may want to consider a glass bottom boat tour instead.

Check out sites like www.wilmacozumel.com and www.cozumelinsider.com for more news and information.

Have a great cruise - and don't you dare stay on the ship when you stop in Cozumel!! ;o)

Ian

Stay on the boat and sleep!? You jest I hope..!! You could miss the best destination on your cruise! ;o)

There are many many things to do in Cozumel... as already mentioned the shopping is excellent, but I'd strongly recommend you try to enjoy the beach and snorkeling which is Cozumel's natural highlight. You could take a snorkel tour for a few hours and then spend the rest of your time shopping, or you could spend the day on Paradise Beach and take their snorkel tour whilst there. If you don't like to snorkel than you may want to consider a glass bottom boat tour instead.

Check out sites like www.wilmacozumel.com and www.cozumelinsider.com for more news and information.

Have a great cruise - and don't you dare stay on the ship when you stop in Cozumel!! ;o)

Ian

thanks ill check these sites out

Ian

I would have to second this. Coz is not the place to stay on the boat. Sure, its commercialized with wall to wall vendors and taxis around every corner, but this port is fun. Besides all of the ship tours there are gobs of things that you can do by taxi or through independent guides. Check out the websites already mentioned and add www.cozumelmycozumel.com, then do a Google on Cozumel tours. That should keep you busy until time for your cruise.

I almost forgot. Don't miss the local food spots. There is a list on one of the .coms above. I try a new one every year.:o Just call me Gordo.

Archived