Africa Malaria Meds Liquid

Does anyone have first-hand experience taking either crushed malaria pills or the liquid form?  My wife has an esophageal diverticulum that sometimes catches pills/food/liquid.  She’s hoping to crush/take the table because the oral suspension is so expensive.  1.  What is the best way to crush the tablet (we haven’t yet found a pestle-and-mortar brand that pill crushers recommend).  2.  What do you take the crushed pill (or liquid) with, and how much of it do you take (so far we’ve read “a small amount” of condensed milk, pudding, milkshake, chocolate syrup).  3.  What time of the day have you found works best for you to take the Rx? Many thanks for sharing your experience.

• 2 weeks later...

My Malarone pills arrived today. Personally I think they are pretty big . I will have to cut in half to take. Says take with food .  Says take same time each day. I am planning on taking them with breakfast.

I think we are in the same cruise. Barcelona to Capetown?

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Just make sure you take them AFTER eating.  Not before.  I was uncomfortable our first three days in Africa after taking them with my regular vitamins, just before eating breakfast.  Moved it to after I ate and zero issues

I just read our “How to use medicine “ section and it plainly states… Follow all instructions closely. That being said the directions states “Take this medication WITH FOOD OR A MILKY DRINK. Before taking the advice of some random person on CC, I would check with my doctor or the pharmacist if not both. Better safe than sorry. 

Enjoy your cruise!

4 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

I just read our “How to use medicine “ section and it plainly states… Follow all instructions closely. That being said the directions states “Take this medication WITH FOOD OR A MILKY DRINK. Before taking the advice of some random person on CC, I would check with my doctor or the pharmacist if not both. Better safe than sorry. 

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't think we are disagreeing here