OK Internet

FLAHAM

Just a report that the internet on my recently-completed cruise on the Star, from New York to Reykjavik, was reasonably good—better than expectations.  Bought unlimited (lower tier, no streaming) for one device.  Prompt access, no problems with email or texts (including photo transmissions and flight confirmation).  Streamed U.S. radio stations each night. Listened to two complete MLB ball games.  

• Like 1

Currently on the Bliss in Alaska, same package. It's been pretty good, especially since internet in Sitka and other land based options has been largely down.

Speedtest results.

Screenshot_20240902_204226_Speedtest.jpg

The Starlink service is a great improvement over the traditional satellite wifi offered by NCL. But, the ship's infrastructure still limits your total throughput (1-2MB). We have seen a lot better throughput on other cruise lines. We have found Starlink to be glitchy at times dropping wifi calls far more often than the old system. My iPhone gets really confused at times when wifi calls get dropped and I end up switch to facetime. 

Encore in Alaska a few weeks ago. It was pretty consistent throughout cruise.

image.thumb.png.4bc139702b27eae9dae0b7d63f0a120b.png

Edited by BirdTravels

We had excellent WIFI on the Prima in Northern Europe last fall.  Wondering now, if experience shows that on the "NCL Unlimited Premium" internet package, if I could expect to stream Amazon Prime on the Breakaway along the New England Coast and Canada (Halifax, St. John)??