Millennium Dry Dock?

nast

I believe Millennium was "Revolutionized" in 2019.  If so, this would likely be just a planned 5-year maintenance drydock with only cosmetic improvements made beyond that. Here is a link to a Celebrity blog describing this:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-millennium-revolution

Perhaps others can confirm if this is not correct.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I was just wondering what would be renewed. Several reviews that I've read lately say day the ship definitely needs cosmetic improvements (esp. cabins).

17 minutes ago, nast said:

I was just wondering what would be renewed. Several reviews that I've read lately say day the ship definitely needs cosmetic improvements (esp. cabins).

Scheduled maintenance drydocks typically include cosmetic improvements as mentioned, which usually include touch up painting, carpet replacement where needed, and other minor things that need addressed. 

Not sure what you mean by cosmetic improvements to the cabins, but that likely won't include furniture or other larger fixtures, and would likely be limited to, as example, draperies in some cabins if needed and other light maintenance items.

In addition to the scheduled mechanical maintenance, there isn't too much that can be done in what is typically about a 2 week dry dock period.  Especially since all of the major upgrades and renovations were only just completed 5 years ago.

Edited by leaveitallbehind