Recent cancer diagnosis

KevIT

Hello everyone, I have recently received a cancer diagnosis. The good news is that it is thought to be treatable and the prognosis is good (expected to be a total surgical removal).

I suspect that this will have a significant impact to my travel insurance costs, but I have a couple of questions:

1. If it is effectively removed through surgery does it need to be declared (since I would then be cancer free)?

2. Any good suggestions for travel insurance company that covers cruisers with such conditions (my current company won't cover it)

Thank you!

Hi sorry to here that .I had prostate cancer .Prostate removed? Just telephoned them ,sorted it out wasn't to bad of an increase last year ,And even this year's renewal managed same price with a discount coupon. Company used sounds like a train company as clue 

Sorry to hear your diagnosis.

I was in a similar situation eight years ago after having a brain tumour removed. My insurance company wouldn't insure me, so I had to look for another company. It has since regrown and although I have had treatment it still needs to be declared.

Over the past few years I have used several different companies as prices varied greatly.

56 minutes ago, KevIT said:

Hello everyone, I have recently received a cancer diagnosis. The good news is that it is thought to be treatable and the prognosis is good (expected to be a total surgical removal).

I suspect that this will have a significant impact to my travel insurance costs, but I have a couple of questions:

1. If it is effectively removed through surgery does it need to be declared (since I would then be cancer free)?

2. Any good suggestions for travel insurance company that covers cruisers with such conditions (my current company won't cover it)

Thank you!

You usually have to declare any surgery in the last 12 months, or in patient stay.

But if the consultant gives you the all clear, it should not affect your premium, however not certain how any radiotherapy or chemotherapy might impact the premium.

Agree with Janny's advice .Sorry to read about your cancer treatment.

Most will ask you to declare that you  do not have any undiagnosed symptoms,

have not received a terminal prognosis,are not awaiting any tests, test results

or investigations,are not awaiting surgery, a procedure or waiting to be discharged,

from post-operative checks and not been to a clinic or hospital in the last 2 years .

Hope you get sorted soon. Good luck .

Depending on where the cancer is it can be anything up to 10 years before you are declared cancer free - so yes it will have to be declared until you are discharged from the hospital.