Odyssey - Europe 9/19/24-10/5/24 - LIVE 🚞🚌🚢 ✈️🚐

Dupable here.  Missing posts from Denversail ?   Don’t worry , you should see a new post from her tonight or tomorrow at the latest.   She is just taking a quick break while doing a “practice run” to Las Vegas before the cruise.  Everyone wish her luck !,

• Like 1

Dupable here.  Looking for posts from Denversail?  Don’t worry , you should see a new post by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.  She took a quick break to fly to Las Vegas for  a “practice run” before the cruise.  Let’s all wish her good luck!vegas

• Like 1

It was so kind of my stalker like mother to post my whereabouts. Not once but twice in case you folks missed the first post. She said she didn't realize there was a second page. At least she realized after her second post cause otherwise that could have gone on for a long while.

I did take a short 36 hour trip to Vegas. It was a great trip! It was hot there. I think around 105F. My legs are now aching from walking up and down the strip. I guess it was good physical training for our upcoming trip.

Interesting enough my flight out ended up being on Air Canada. I got a preview of the business class lay down seats. I'm not sure if that was fate's way of showing me what I will be missing. 😭

I'm still hoping for a positive outcome on the flights and rail trips but based on the news so far it isn't looking promising. We are now 10 days out so almost single digits!! I have a 5 day work week to suffer through this week and then the trip will be here before you know it. 

I'll be posting more trip details this evening. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Denversail said:

It was so kind of my stalker like mother to post my whereabouts. Not once but twice in case you folks missed the first post. She said she didn't realize there was a second page. At least she realized after her second post cause otherwise that could have gone on for a long while.

You are welcome...I am sure if I didn't tell her that I could see the first post she would have continued.  

• Haha 3

Sorry I’m a little late noticing your review but luckily you started early enough that I won’t miss a thing.

I am excited to follow along on this great cruise. Is this your first time over to Rome and the Greek isles? That itinerary reminds me of my wife’s and I honeymoon cruise. I think Santorini is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The food and wine in Greece is amazing. We loved Rome, so much history there. Spent two days there and still didn’t see everything we wanted to see. 

Looking forward to hearing everything about your adventure.

Cheers,

Sea Dog

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey question for you I like your memes what generator do you use and like?

I just randomly look them up. Unfortunately I have no random skills to report. 😢

Thank you for coming along!

• Like 1

My delay wasn’t so much about my side trip. I kept thinking I’ll google more info on our food tour in Naples. Well my procrastination bug has set in and that doesn’t seem to be happening.

We are doing a food tour in Naples. I think it is with Eating Europe. We need to research a few details on this. I think we need to meet them in town. We dock a few hours before our tour time so this should be doable. We booked through Viator.

39 minutes ago, Denversail said:

My delay wasn’t so much about my side trip. I kept thinking I’ll google more info on our food tour in Naples. Well my procrastination bug has set in and that doesn’t seem to be happening.

We are doing a food tour in Naples. I think it is with Eating Europe. We need to research a few details on this. I think we need to meet them in town. We dock a few hours before our tour time so this should be doable. We booked through Viator.

When in Rome if you like Fettuccine Alfredo, Rome has the original restaurant where fettuccini alfredo was invented. Obviously called Alfredo’s from the original family it is a touristy place but lots of famous people have eaten there.

• Like 1

Athens -

We reserved George's Taxi for the day. I think @julies5280 has purchased all the tickets we need to get into the major sites. We will tour around and hopefully get some lunch. 

Ephesus -

I don't think we have made any plans here @julies5280 has developed some type of fear about rug salesmen. I guess her friends bought a rug in Turkey and the same guy they bought it from showed up at their house in the USA to deliver it. This seemed to freak her out so no rug shopping for us!

im-not-stalking-meme.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Ephesus -

I don't think we have made any plans here @julies5280 has developed some type of fear about rug salesmen. I guess her friends bought a rug in Turkey and the same guy they bought it from showed up at their house in the USA to deliver it. This seemed to freak her out so no rug shopping for us!

That is an incredible level of service,

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Denversail said:

Athens -

We reserved George's Taxi for the day. I think @julies5280 has purchased all the tickets we need to get into the major sites. We will tour around and hopefully get some lunch. 

Ephesus -

im-not-stalking-meme.jpg

10 years after the rug purchase they show up at your house again to check if you’re still satisfied and offer a deal on rug cleaning.

• Haha 4

Santorini - This port is always a hot topic for complaints. Donkeys, cable cars, and a zillion people. We booked Village of Oia on your own through Royal for $59.99 a person. This includes time in Fira and Oia with transportation to and from the ship. I've also seen other talk that you can just pay $20 after you board for the transportation. Not sure we got the best deal but will wait to understand the difference between the two offers once we get on the ship. We are hoping to just have a relaxed day on our own. We will walk around the towns and shop and hopefully get a good lunch and some drinks.

I can't believe how close this trip is. This is so much more exciting than going to the Caribbean. Europe here I come!!! 

5129846.jpg

• Like 2

According to Cruise Mapper we will be visiting Santorini with one other ship the Oceania Riviera. They don't list times for that ship but we have a pretty long day there so hoping it isn't too bad for crowds. The mapper shows that same ship there Sunday with times so not sure how accurate it is. Maybe we will get lucky and be the only ship????2024-09-12_07-56-58.png.1ec5e8968c515a8575d3d81ef14af9d6.png

51 minutes ago, Denversail said:

They don't list times for that ship but we have a pretty long day there so hoping it isn't too bad for crowds.

That ship has maybe 1/3 the capacity of Odyssey - it won't add much if anything to the crowds.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

I did just have an oh crap moment on my home from work this morning. I got the dreaded your itinerary has changed text from Air Canada. When I got home and looked they had just changed my original flight to leave 15 minutes sooner. I’m sure this is just the beginning of many change alerts from them. 

IMG_0007.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dupable is currently stalking my neighbors. She sent me the below picture. She is convinced they are having hookers delivered. I just don’t even know what to say. She asked me if I have any binoculars. My vacation can’t get here soon enough.

74786578258__6172128E-2FF1-46A3-826E-16A47E6F9DCA.jpeg

IMG_0009.webp

• Haha 4

In dedication of my upcoming trip I attempted to make Dupable and my son Aperol Sptritz’s. It did not go well. I’m not sure if it was because I used champagne instead of Prosecco. I hated it. It turned out very sour. I will have to taste one in Italy to see if I made it wrong or if I just don’t like it.

IMG_0010.jpeg

4 hours ago, Denversail said:

I did just have an oh crap moment on my home from work this morning. I got the dreaded your itinerary has changed text from Air Canada. When I got home and looked they had just changed my original flight to leave 15 minutes sooner. I’m sure this is just the beginning of many change alerts from them. 

IMG_0007.jpeg

Just need to get to mid-Monday morning for your flight to be safe.  I read they have to provide 72 hour notice.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Dupable is currently stalking my neighbors. She sent me the below picture. She is convinced they are having hookers delivered.

No idea how this service van = hookers.

That being said, I think over time she has provided you a great amount of good information.  I'm not sure why you haven't already gotten her a pair of binoculars to use for appropriate surveillance.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dupable said:

The drink was not that bad.  Not wonderful but not terrible.

She doesn’t even deny her creepy behavior. All that and the only thing she defended was the wine. 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0011.jpeg

• Haha 2