Guam - Santiago Sep. 8 - Oct. 17. Missives from The Andesite Line on Pursuit

Anna, French Polynesia.

This is what I signed up for.  

Screenshot_20240929_122633_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ec7fb1b50532ab69fa704ea91acbda4.jpg

The Anaa atoll in the Tuamotu archipelago to the east of Tahiti is best known for the beauty of its lagoon, the pale green of which is sometimes reflected in the clouds, signaling the position of the atoll to schooner captains from afar.

Sadly they just canceled snorkeling from zodiac platforms..  Bummed. I understand. Too windy with zodiacs getting  pushed into the reef by the swells.  I can tell there are lots of noodle newbies on board. One asked where they could change into swimwear. They didn't bother to attend the mandatory snorkel briefing. Gilleli the master of snorkeling reminded folks that if they can't swim, putting on snorkel gear will not give them magical powers and instantly grant them swimming skill sets. 😅 I have a vision of people crashing into the reef and being tangled up.  Expedition team needs to extricate. Colored bits of plastic everywhere. Scraped limbs. Lawsuits.  Movie rights.

Screenshot_20240929_122633_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ec7fb1b50532ab69fa704ea91acbda4.jpg

Weeeeee, off we go!

• Like 2

@highplanesdrifters looks like you are having a great time despite the longer stop in Papeete!  Nothing beats those FP sunsets!  I miss it so much!  Despite the misses that were similar to yours we can’t  wait to go back next year. Love following your trip just wish we were there.  Next  time I’ll try to do more photos.  😞….

• On 9/22/2024 at 9:29 PM, highplanesdrifters said:
  • Thanks 1