Snorkeling in Tahiti.

We found Moorea pretty good.  Did not snorkel in Raitea or near Papeete which is actually a fair sized city.  I think we booked the ship’s excursion but there was also local tours on shore probably cheaper.  Enjoy Tahiti.

We visited Moorea and Papeete in 2022 on ovation.  We scuba dive. They didn't have dives for us in Moorea but we did dive in Papeete. 

Shockingly, Papeete was pretty underwhelming and has been our least favorite dive site of the ones we have done. 

While I can't specifically say Moorea would be better for snorkeling, I would go for that one. Just touring around the island,  Moorea appears so much more natural and pristine. Far fewer boats/yachts parked and touring around the island. If we could return we would spend 100% of our time in Moorea. Think Oahu vs Maui. 

23 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

I have to agree with Hoopster95. We found the best snorkeling in Raiatea. We used the same tour company that Hoopster did. One of our best snorkeling experiences.

The snorkeling in Moorea is pretty good. We had an interesting experience there. The captain of the tour boat set up a barbecue in the shallow water. I had never seen anything like that before! He also offered us a "little bit of cocaine" after lunch. Nobody took him up on it! 🥸

You can snorkel in Tahiti (Papeete) too but I would recommend a land tour there.

• Haha 1