Staying Hyatt Place Boston Seaport

Any insight on what there is to do in/near Seaport Village?  Restaurant recommendations?  We’d also like to possibly take the Hop On/Off Trolley to do a little touring, is that possible from Seaport Village?  How far is Fanieul Hall?  Any recommendations you have for anything else?  

What is the easiest transportation to the cruise port - Uber/Lyft or Taxi?  

Thank you!!!  😊 

3 hours ago, Shaden1982 said:

Any insight on what there is to do in/near Seaport Village?

First off it’s the Seaport District or South Boston. Most people will refer to it as the Seaport but no one will know what you’re talking about if you call it a village.  

Restaurant recommendations?

There are a lot but they are mostly corporate chains. The area itself is quite new compared to the rest of the city and is comprised mostly of highrise condos and hotels aimed at busienss travelers. Personally I think it’s the least atmospheric part of the city. I’d definitely recommend getting out of the Seaport for more interesting and local spots to eat. That being said you won’t go hungry there- plenty of options.

How far is Fanieul Hall?

About a half hour walk or a very short Uber ride.

What is the easiest transportation to the cruise port - Uber/Lyft or Taxi?  

You’re pretty much walking distance to the pier from your hotel. You could take a very, very short Uber.

If you are able to cancel and rebook I would recommend another area of the city. Marriott Long Wharf and Boston Park Plaza are both much better locations to easily get out and see Boston. I’m a local and these are my two choices when I stay in Boston. You can easily get a taxi to take you to the port. 

10 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

First off it’s the Seaport District or South Boston. Most people will refer to it as the Seaport but no one will know what you’re talking about if you call it a village.  

There are a lot but they are mostly corporate chains. The area itself is quite new compared to the rest of the city and is comprised mostly of highrise condos and hotels aimed at busienss travelers. Personally I think it’s the least atmospheric part of the city. I’d definitely recommend getting out of the Seaport for more interesting and local spots to eat. That being said you won’t go hungry there- plenty of options.

About a half hour walk or a very short Uber ride.

You’re pretty much walking distance to the pier from your hotel. You could take a very, very short Uber.

Thank you for the info.  My bad on Seaport name.....

We look forward to exploring the city - hoping to get on the Hop On/Off Trolley.  

We have been to Boston once before and explored a lot of the city but no way in one trip could we see/do it all.  

50 minutes ago, Wasasalad said:

If you are able to cancel and rebook I would recommend another area of the city. Marriott Long Wharf and Boston Park Plaza are both much better locations to easily get out and see Boston. I’m a local and these are my two choices when I stay in Boston. You can easily get a taxi to take you to the port. 

Thank you, I will look into these hotels.  When I made our reservation not much was available for our dates in our price range. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaden1982 said:

Thank you, I will look into these hotels.  When I made our reservation not much was available for our dates in our price range. 

They are high price but I make them part of my trip!

One of my favorite restaurants! Near Long Wharf Marriott. 
Also  Fanieul Hall almost across the street. 

BOSTON - A WATERFRONT LEGEND ON LONG WHARF

The pride of Long Wharf, Chart House Boston is renowned for its location and its menu. As Long Wharf's oldest surviving structure, formerly the John Hancock Counting House, the seafood restaurant is a fusion of history and modern style. The newly renovated interior is full of bold colors, a hopping happy hour and the kind of creative seafood dishes that draw a crowd.

With an area so full of legendary locales, there's plenty to see and do just a short distance away. Stop by Chart House Boston after a day of boating and shopping around Long Wharf, or enjoy a delicious lunch before an outing to Downtown Boston, Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park and more. See the tall ships that visit our waters or watch the enormous 4th of July celebration on the harbor each year.

To get a taste of a true seafood legend and the best Prime Rib Boston has to offer, visit Chart House on Long Wharf!

60 Long Wharf,
Boston, MA 02110

(617) 227-1576

SUN: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
MON - THU: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
FRI - SAT: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30PM - 6:30PM

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wasasalad said:

They are high price but I make them part of my trip!

One of my favorite restaurants! Near Long Wharf Marriott. 
Also  Fanieul Hall almost across the street. 

BOSTON - A WATERFRONT LEGEND ON LONG WHARF

The pride of Long Wharf, Chart House Boston is renowned for its location and its menu. As Long Wharf's oldest surviving structure, formerly the John Hancock Counting House, the seafood restaurant is a fusion of history and modern style. The newly renovated interior is full of bold colors, a hopping happy hour and the kind of creative seafood dishes that draw a crowd.

With an area so full of legendary locales, there's plenty to see and do just a short distance away. Stop by Chart House Boston after a day of boating and shopping around Long Wharf, or enjoy a delicious lunch before an outing to Downtown Boston, Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park and more. See the tall ships that visit our waters or watch the enormous 4th of July celebration on the harbor each year.

To get a taste of a true seafood legend and the best Prime Rib Boston has to offer, visit Chart House on Long Wharf!

60 Long Wharf,
Boston, MA 02110

(617) 227-1576

SUN: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
MON - THU: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
FRI - SAT: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30PM - 6:30PM

We have a chart house here in NJ overlooking manhattan. Folks go for the views, the food is just okay (but pricey). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

We have a chart house here in NJ overlooking manhattan. Folks go for the views, the food is just okay (but pricey). 

Same at this one-- right on the water but the food gives me upscale wedding catering vibes. Much better places to eat in Boston. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite restaurant at the edge of the Seaport District (actually on the Ft. Point Channel) is The Barking Crab. Very casual. Seafood is expensive just to warn you. Also at the Ft. Point Channel and also at the Boston Design Center (big white building just in front of the Flynn Cruise Terminal) is a yummy bakery (also has sandwiches) called Flour.  

• Like 1

We just completed a Boston to Quebec cruise two weeks ago, and before the cruise we stayed at a place called YOTEL right on Seaport Boulevard, right next door to the T Courthouse station. 15 minute walk to the large South Station on the T, 10 minute walk to Boston Tea Party Museum. 20 minute walk to Hop On Hop Off Bus. It’s definitely different than your average hotel in that the rooms are tiny like a cruise ship, and the prices are much lower because of it. Also, the bathroom is different in that while the toilet and shower are both enclosed in their own glass booths there is just a big drape to close the overall bathroom space from the bed area. We would stay there again because of the price and there was plenty within walking distance to eat.

We ate at one trendy little taco place called Bar Taco and enjoyed the vibe there, kind of neighborhood bar feel with loud music. Trader Joe grocer was around the corner, very convenient to grab a few things. To get to the ship, we took a $10 Lyft ride, which was faster than calling a taxi. Enjoy your trip!

IMG_9308.jpeg

IMG_9373.jpeg

• Like 2

I should add, this is a good clean minimalist place to sleep but not much space for relaxing in the room. The only chair in the room is the white folding one in my photo above. I’m sure they’d have brought us a second chair if we’d asked, but we weren’t there much so we were fine with the one chair. The only thing that would’ve made this room better would’ve been comfy seating for relaxation time.

• Like 1