LeBistro closed for entire Encore sailing due to private event

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Just to clarify, is this what you're still talking about or some other silly thread?  I'm honestly having trouble keeping up.  Probably not really putting in that effort you referred to.

I think we are all tired. Let’s just call the game due to fatigue! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Just go on their website and look at the descriptions of their dining options. It does not have to be in the contract if a company is using the information to attract customers and generate business. It’s commonly known as false advertising and deceptive marketing, which may have reputational and legal consequences.

Wow so I'm guessing someone who goes on a ship that does not have Moderno on it should take NCL to court....I mean the web site advertised that Moderno is a thing, so obviously everyone is entitled to it.  Arguments like yours are the reason McDonald's has to write that their hot coffee cup is hot and my hairdryer has to have a note on it saying I shouldn't take it into the shower.  If people actually bought into this type of thing as false and deceptive, women everywhere would be suing the tampon companies because they still can't ride a horse or ace that high dive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, gizfish said:

Wow so I'm guessing someone who goes on a ship that does not have Moderno on it should take NCL to court....I mean the web site advertised that Moderno is a thing, so obviously everyone is entitled to it.  Arguments like yours are the reason McDonald's has to write that their hot coffee cup is hot and my hairdryer has to have a note on it saying I shouldn't take it into the shower.  If people actually bought into this type of thing as false and deceptive, women everywhere would be suing the tampon companies because they still can't ride a horse or ace that high dive.

What a savvy response. 

I have read all these responses, and all I can say is BIG DEAL....LE Bistro Is Closed!  I know it's disappointing to your group, but were you going to eat there everyday?  You got some compensation for your disappointment. I would have NEVER spent any effort getting worked up just because I could not eat at one of the venues.  I would rather save my drama, disappointment, anger, whatever, for some other issue.  Sometimes life ( and cruises) deliver disappointments. I sure do hope you, and your group have a good time.  Maybe teach NCL a lesson by never cruising with them again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

please, everybody!  the horse is quite DEAD, lets stop beating it.

commodore dave, got the issue resolved to his satisfaction, although he and i had much differing stances, i am truly glad it worked out somehow to his complete satisfaction,

now, lets ALL hope he has a terrific cruise, and wherever he chooses to eat on board, he and his family have nothing but wonderful meals

just remember, he is a disappointed traveler, not the enemy.

in much earlier posts, there was a lady who was just as disappointed (maybe more so) that Donna was no longer being featured in the showroom.

i happened to comment that we cruise for the enjoyment of being on a cruise ,and neither the food nor the shows available enter  into our equation.

and commodore, once again, BON VOYAGE, and i hope when you get back, you'll let us know how it all went (including any restaurant you may have been in)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

@ChiefMateJRK Funny…I had forgotten that you were the OP🤣.  Can’t wait to hear your perspective of “the situation” after a few Guinness’ and bourbons (or is it whiskey…or both).  Bon Voyage to your family 😊

Let's just say "all of the above." 🐀

Like I said, I'll "try" to stop by LeBistro to see what it is all about, but our most likely chance of success is if I happen to be passing by during a moment of clarity and remember all of this.  I would put the odds of success at about 50/50.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/11/2024 at 3:48 PM, complawyer said:

please, everybody!  the horse is quite DEAD, lets stop beating it.

commodore dave, got the issue resolved to his satisfaction, although he and i had much differing stances, i am truly glad it worked out somehow to his complete satisfaction,

now, lets ALL hope he has a terrific cruise, and wherever he chooses to eat on board, he and his family have nothing but wonderful meals

just remember, he is a disappointed traveler, not the enemy.

in much earlier posts, there was a lady who was just as disappointed (maybe more so) that Donna was no longer being featured in the showroom.

i happened to comment that we cruise for the enjoyment of being on a cruise ,and neither the food nor the shows available enter  into our equation.

and commodore, once again, BON VOYAGE, and i hope when you get back, you'll let us know how it all went (including any restaurant you may have been in)

I will certainly report back in due course and thank you for your fair and considered comments. 

• Like 1