Pay for NZ Visitor Levy by SEPT 29 - Time Zone Difference!

ebdb

NZ is tripling the cost of its IVL (International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy) from NZD35 to NZD100, starting October 1. As NZ is ahead of US time zones, it may already be Oct 1 there if you pay for the IVL on Sept 30 here.

Visitors pay for the IVL when they apply for the NZeTA (electronic travel authorization) that's required for entry. According to the official site, the NZeTA is currently only NZD17 if applied for via the free app versus NZD23 if completed online at its website.

Visa fees and levies, including the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL), are increasing from 1 October 2024.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 12:56 PM, ebdb said:

NZ is tripling the cost of its IVL (International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy) from NZD35 to NZD100, starting October 1. As NZ is ahead of US time zones, it may already be Oct 1 there if you pay for the IVL on Sept 30 here.

Visitors pay for the IVL when they apply for the NZeTA (electronic travel authorization) that's required for entry. According to the official site, the NZeTA is currently only NZD17 if applied for via the free app versus NZD23 if completed online at its website.

Visa fees and levies, including the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL), are increasing from 1 October 2024.

We are planning on a cruise and land trip to New Zealand in 2/2026.  We have just completed the app and for the two of us the cost was NZD104. It was $35 for IVL and $17 for the electronic travel authority fee....total per person NZD52.  Thank you for this post and alerting travelers to the upcoming increase in the IVL.  Cherie

Ok, one more question, do my wife and I need to apply separately through our own separate apps on our separate phones or do we both apply together on the app on one of our phones since we are travelling together? It doesn't seem clear if it is one application for the entire traveling party or one for each person in your party.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, stingray310 said:

Ok, one more question, do my wife and I need to apply separately through our own separate apps on our separate phones or do we both apply together on the app on one of our phones since we are travelling together? It doesn't seem clear if it is one application for the entire traveling party or one for each person in your party.

Thanks.

NZETA is a visa waiver attached electronically to your passport. Each person needs to apply for his own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stingray310 said:

Thanks.

It is my understanding that you both can apply using one phone and one app as the NZeTA and tourist levy are electronically attached to each passport scanned.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stingray310 said:

Thanks.

Once you have completed the first application the NZeTA app will give you the option of adding an application for another person.  Thus, you can have the app on just one phone. 

I just completed mine a few days ago. While the eTA is electronically linked to your passport you will receive an approval email with your specific reference number. 

Edited by mchell810