Virgin Voyages Visa Question

CruiseWithMilk

Hi all,

I am a Non U.S citizen going on a cruise with Virgin Voyages. This cruise stops at 3 islands that are in 3 different countries. I have a valid (non U.S) passport and a valid U.S Visa.

However, I am unsure of whether I need anything else for this cruise. I have completed the pre-check successfully through the app with my passport and Visa.

Both lines of support I've contacted (phone and email) have implied without clearly stating that I don't need anything else. But what I read online everywhere else says I would also need Visas for those other countries. 

Will I be allowed on and off the ship with only my non U.S passport and my U.S Visa? Has anyone experienced this before or does anyone have any insight? 

Tldr; I have a non U.S passport and a U.S visa and I don't know if that's enough.

The answer to that depends on what country your passport is from and what countries you are visiting. Considering you have a US visa I'm presuming you are sailing out of Miami on a closed loop (returning to Miami). Most of the Caribbean islands are pretty easy going for cruise passengers. If you're concerned, find the entry requirements for each country for your nationality. 

Thank you for you reply @neverendingcruising.

I am going out of miami. I am visiting costa maya (mexico), Roatan (Honduras), and Bimini (The Bahamas). I have the Mexico requirment satisfied, and I am able to procure a Bahamas visa if necessary.

The real problem is the Honduras visa. There is no website I could find for applying, and I have called over 10 listed numbers of the Honduras Embassies in the U.S, and all of them were out of service. The closest embassy to me is in D.C, and I went there. But there was no website for appointments, a massive line, and I was informed by someone there that they only did passports. So as far as I am aware, I am unable to get a Honduras visa at this time.

This prompted me to call the cruise line, which I did. And then I got the information I portrayed in my original post. That is, I was told I do not need any other visas. Judging by your reply though, this does not seem to be the case.

I have no idea what I should be doing or how to verify the information I am getting.

@1025cruise Thank you for your reply.

So to be clear (for my sake), you are saying that the information given to me by the virgin staff was incorrect? That if my cruise stops at Honduras for a day, I need a Honduras visa or they will not let me on the ship?

Edited by CruiseWithMilk

A google search just turned up this result:

A visa is not required to enter Honduras if the passport holder has the following visa with at least 6 months validity: US VISA. CANADIAN VISA. SCHENGEN VISA.

• Like 3

@Eric&Pam Thank you very much for pointing this out!

This link was initially flagged by my antivirus, which is way I never went here. So if you click this be careful https://honduras.ht/en/foreignerservices/

The website looks reputable. Hopefully this is true, as this seems to be the only source that says this is the case. I will see if I can find any others.

Thank you very much

• Thanks 1

Just now, CruiseWithMilk said:

@Eric&Pam Thank you very much for pointing this out!

This link was initially flagged by my antivirus, which is way I never went here. So if you click this be careful https://honduras.ht/en/foreignerservices/

The website looks reputable. Hopefully this is true, as this seems to be the only source that says this is the case. I will see if I can find any others.

Thank you very much

Glad I could help!

I recently had a client who had family visiting from India on a US tourist visa. They all sailed on RCCL and the Bahamas honored their tourist visa...it seems many Caribbean nations do.

12 hours ago, CruiseWithMilk said:

@1025cruise Thank you for your reply.

So to be clear (for my sake), you are saying that the information given to me by the virgin staff was incorrect? That if my cruise stops at Honduras for a day, I need a Honduras visa or they will not let me on the ship?

I cannot answer the question as to whether or not you require a visa, or whether or not the Virgin staff gave you correct information. All I'm saying is that if a visa is required, and you do not have one at embarkation, you won't be getting on the ship.